Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I'm new to this. Is there anyone making after market passenger backrests, preferably with a rack, for the cross country tour. The Victory ones are expensive and the rack seems small. I intend to have the top box off most of the time.
Thanks in advance.
Gary

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
yes, the Victory passenger backrest and luggage rack are both expensive. Very expensive, considering my last bike was a Kawi Vulcan, and there's more aftermarket for that thing that you can shake a stick at. But I have to say, the quality of the Victory part is really great, and that luggage rack is NOT small. It's easily twice the size of the rack I had on my VN900.

At any rate, if you're looking to not spend so much (can't blame you), check out www.cruisercustomizing.com . They've got a few options.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Luciferiad, had a look. I assume they work with the lock and ride brackets, there's one from Kewl metal that looks pretty good.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
I would stick with the Vic (lock n ride) pass backrest. It was made for this bike and is very comfy for your girl. The luggage rack I got was from Witch Doctors and I get more compliments on that piece than anything else on the bike. Its less money than the cheesy over priced Vic unit and way better built. Very sharp!

·
Premium Member
489 Posts

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
The Vic sissybar is expensive but it is fairly large and of decent quality. I think I gave a couple of hundred for a cobra sissybar for my other bike a few years ago and it is a third of the size and weight of the Vic one so it may not be to off on price.

·
Premium Member
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for your help guys, I'm gunna have a look at building one, can't be that difficult :)

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I would stick with the Vic (lock n ride) pass backrest. It was made for this bike and is very comfy for your girl. The luggage rack I got was from Witch Doctors and I get more compliments on that piece than anything else on the bike. Its less money than the cheesy over priced Vic unit and way better built. Very sharp!
$339 for the Witch Doctor rack.... they have a little video of it being installed so you get a good look at it on the bike.

I think I'm going to get that one. Black for my black XR bike I think.. it's hard sometimes to know what looks best on some of these items chrome or black...

The Witch Doctor is made to fit right on the Victory passenger backrest, don't know how it works with something else.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
Look at Cycleops too... Great racks!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Cycleops says they don't sell to the public... the 'other' cycleops is for bicycles....... the link, motorcycle.com goes to motorcycle.com and none of the above... you are causing me lots of trouble here...
:crzy:

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
$339 for the Witch Doctor rack.... they have a little video of it being installed so you get a good look at it on the bike.

I think I'm going to get that one. Black for my black XR bike I think.. it's hard sometimes to know what looks best on some of these items chrome or black...

The Witch Doctor is made to fit right on the Victory passenger backrest, don't know how it works with something else.
The wife and I are talking about taking the XR to the gulf this summer instead of the cage for our vacation. Probably will end up getting the WD luggage rack in black. I really don't like alot of chrome and don't want more of it and I am definitely not getting the Vic one.

·
Premium Member
1,001 Posts
I am getting that one as well, in black, it looks like it will fit the bill perfectly.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts