Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Magnum.What adapters are needed to put floorboards on? I had received some information that I need the Victory adapters to use other manufacturers floorboards. I know Kurakyn makes adapters, but are they only for Kurakyn Boards? I also heard it is very hard to obtain these Victory adapters. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
All you need are the mounts from a CCT. The other Cross bike models all came with passenger peg mounts. The CCT came with passenger floorboards/mounts. The CCT mounts are readily available from Polaris and maybe sites like eBay, the forums and the Victory Facebook page. If Polaris ever made an adapter, I never saw or heard of it. No idea what Kuryakyn may have made at one time. Whatever they may have made, I believe they're through making anything new for Victory.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
You can also run kuryakyn floorboards using their adapters

·
Registered
22 Posts
I bought a set of the kuryakyn passenger floorboards and adapters and they installed easily on my 16 Magnum.

However, I hate these darn things! I’m 5’ 10” and the back of my legs hit these poorly designed boards so bad that at times I have a very hard time backing up to the point that i could easily loose control and drop my bike.

These boards are not worth squat!

I’m now looking for a set of OEM Passenger Floorboards.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Have you sat on a CCT with the passenger floorboards? I have the same problem on my CCT with the backs of my legs hitting the boards. If I have to back up, the wife has to get off so I can fold them up. And I have to be careful when coming to a stop also. Not any room at all.
I didn't have this problem with the VTX. It gave me all kinds of room. Never even came close to her feet on those boards.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,582 Posts
Have you sat on a CCT with the passenger floorboards? I have the same problem on my CCT with the backs of my legs hitting the boards. If I have to back up, the wife has to get off so I can fold them up. And I have to be careful when coming to a stop also. Not any room at all.
I didn't have this problem with the VTX. It gave me all kinds of room. Never even came close to her feet on those boards.
No passenger but with my other bike also being a VTX I know exactly what you mean and it's annoying the hell out of me. At some point I might have a passenger so I'm a little concerned about stops with my legs right against the boards.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Additionally, I had a Cross Country with the OEM boards and never had any issue hitting my legs. The OEM floorboards set back away from your legs more than the Kuryakyn boards and they are angle cut away from the back of your leg.

Ive even had my leg hit the boards on takeoff and got my foot twisted behing me. You could potentially break your ankle with the Kuryakyn units.

I never had the issue with the OEM boards and wish I would have speent the extra money and got them for my Magnum. The OEM units will be my next purchase if I could just find a set.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I wish I got the OEM last year before they were gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Indian

You might check the Witchdoctors site for the passenger floorboards. If you do not see anything you like under the Victory line, check the Indian line. Seems like they have a few choices.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
I think the biggest issue with the Kuryakyn board adapters is they position the board hinge outward about a half an inch further than the oem CCT passenger boards. The CCT passenger board setups do show up from time to time on this forum and especially over on the Victory Facebook forum.

I have no issue with the passenger boards on my CCT backing up or hitting my calves on them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts