Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So wednesday morning as I'm leaving for work, stopped at the end of the driveway to lock the garage. I get back on, and as I take off I failed to get my left foot out of the way. Normally it just gets pushed aside, but this time my sneaker gripped the pavement and my ankle and foot got crunched pretty good. No broken bones, but it was painful and lots of black and blue.
That passenger floor board is a good thing to not take for granted.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I've been bumped by the passenger pegs a few times but haven't been bit yet. I saw a guy on a Sportster at a charity ride get his foot caught under the passenger floorboard last Veterans Day who got it a little worse than you. This poor guy tried to look at what was going on while he was still rolling and ended up with his foot under the rear tire and his calf all the way under the floorboard. He finally stopped when he hit the rear tire of a bike stopped in front of him with his front tire. The impact worked out for him because he was able to pull his foot out when his back tire came off the ground. Luckily nothing was broken (on him, his bike, or the bike he hit) but he was shaken up and bruised pretty bad.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts