Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing some googling but haven't had any luck so far. I'm trying to find a set of passenger pegs that have a 1 or more inch drop from stock height. My girl is comfy on the new bike but she likes her knees a little lower to help with hip comfort. I have the ability and resources to design my own and have them fabricated (would actually just make up some insert pieces to go between the mount and the stock pegs) but it would be much easier (and likely cheaper) to simply buy a set of commercially available parts.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Here's my Kuryakyn arrangement. Very flexible--can adjust peg location anywhere for comfort.

Attachments

·
Registered
144 Posts
footpegs

Ricz Can you post more pic's of your pegs?
Can you tell me all the parts needed to convert the factory pegs to the ones you show in the pic?
Thanks.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Here's a photo that shows my adjustable and extended passenger peg arrangement shown folded in solo riding position....

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Here's a photo that shows my adjustable and extended passenger peg arrangement shown folded in solo riding position....
cant you tone the shine down? where did you get the
x roads emblem that was in the other picture?

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
The X-ROADS emblem on my side covers came from cycleopsusa.com
My bike and my car have to be shiny and good looking to make up for the lack of good looks on the part of the owner.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
maybe thats what makes me so anal with my vehicles.
accentuate the positive. wife wishes i would treat the house
with the same care.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, we made it this far without any kind of offset peg but it's come up again so I'm getting ready to make a purchase. Just before I do though, something on the kury website caught my eye. The installation instructions for the offsets state:
Do not use these pegs for mounting or dismounting the
motorcycle, these are meant to be used as a footrest only
:eek:
Rick, does your other half step up on the peg to get on and off the bike? Any issues with bending, torqueing, etc from this?

·
12,984 Posts
your asking about a year old thread

wouldn't bending the foot pegs depend on how much the person weights

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your asking about a year old thread

wouldn't bending the foot pegs depend on how much the person weights
I know the thread is a year old but it's the same topic so it seemed more appropriate to bring it back up rather than start a new thread and have to hash it all out again. I realize bending is directly related to the weight of the individual but that warning in the instructions has given me pause. I figure since Rick has (or had) the same parts on his bike he should be able to comment with authority whether they can handle the application or not. I assume they can but I am also assuming that he still has them on the bike. It's entirely possible that he found they do bend when mounting or dismounting and has taken them off as a result.

·
Registered
12,160 Posts
Well, we made it this far without any kind of offset peg but it's come up again so I'm getting ready to make a purchase. Just before I do though, something on the kury website caught my eye. The installation instructions for the offsets state:
:eek:
Rick, does your other half step up on the peg to get on and off the bike? Any issues with bending, torqueing, etc from this?
There have been no problems with passengers mounting or vice-versa.:D

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well my 2" drops have arrived. Hopefully I'll have a chance to install tonight and with even more luck, whatever the misses did to her knee will heal up so she can ride again.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts