Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have the adj cct pass footrests on my cross roads.
my wife loves them. the only problem for me is they
keep hitting the backs of my legs when taking off from a
stop or slow speed turns . you cant take a full step. i
know, lift your feet is what i will be told. i guess im afraid
of dumping it if i dont have a foot down. this is the first bike
ive had this problem with. since i have never heard this mentioned
by anyone else it must be just me. so let the berating begin.
the rest of the bike has grown on me. love it on the road.
just not confident when stopped or slow speed turns. lot
heavier than the vtx 1300C. 3000 miles on it now.

so does anyone else have this problem, too--irv

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
I don't have a problem with it, but I did notice the passenger pegs on my XC seem to be in the way when walking my bike.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Morning Irv!
I don't have the adjustable mounts and have the same problems as you plus have had the wife pinch my calf between her foot and the peg while getting on the bike (hurt like hell). To me little nuances like this are tolerable as this is the first bike I've owned that the manufacturer spent a little time on passenger comfort. If this setup keeps the backseat noise down I'll take the hits on the back of my calves!

Glad to see you're packing on the miles now!

·
Registered
545 Posts
The same problem with the vision but it's the tipovers that can catch you good... I had to learn to pick up my feet rather than let the motion of the bike do it. As far as walking the bike, I had to learn to take baby steps and not let my feet go behind me. Same thing on turning at real slow speeds... do NOT put a foot down... sit up and ride thru the turn.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah, im a wuss. thank goodness im not alone on this prob . i
do enjoy riding this machine and so does joyce. i finally
dont have many nits to pick. it is what it is and it will never
be like my C was. about the only thing left is an ultimate.
but really dont want to sit either one of us higher.

hey ammo, whats happening with your bike situation?
settled on anything yet?

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
I hadn't heard anything since my dealer told me they faxed their estimate to the adjuster last Wednesday. I called my claims rep yesterday afternoon to find out what was going on and she was ticked to find out that I'm still in limbo. She called the adjuster who called me soon after to tell me he's been trying to get an estimate from the dealer. I told him that he was faxed last week then he changed his story and told me he had been trying to contact the tech that did the estimate and had not received a fax. Now he's supposed to go to the dealer tomorrow and look over the bike with the tech. I hope that the popping noise he hears when he pulls he head out of his @ss gives him a little initiative because the wait has been way too long and I'm spending way too much on gas for my truck.

Between extra gas costs and having to make a payment after the 10 day payoff from the bank expired I'm out about $450 that I'll never see. The only good that's came out of this is that the adjuster that looked over my gear was fast and generous!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
keep us posted .we are all pulling for you. you are probably
having rider withdrawals. i know i would be.--irv

·
Registered
195 Posts
Whenever i'm moving the bike arond with the GF on the back, i'm always hitting her feet with my legs. Nothing new there Irv.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
At least you can put them up out of the way when moving the bike
around. i found out im better off on the bike than beside it
pushing[tipover club]. i can push backwards , but let the bike
do the work going ahead.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I've got a 2012 XR with passenger footrests, and I have noticed the awkwardness when riding 2up. As long as I'm aware of it I can just pick my feet up. Not a big deal for the most part.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Passenger Footrests

I have a 2012 CR and came from a Honda VTX1300c so it was a learning curve for awhile. My wife kept wanting to move her feet so her toes only were on the peg trying to keep her flippers away from my calves on take off. I kept telling her to leave them where it was comfortable. I eventually got to where I only bump her flippers occasionally now. And it only took 1400 miles. thumb up
I did occasionall bump her flippers on the VTX also. I guess I just tend to leave my feet on the ground untill the movement of the bike gets past where my feet are planted. I'm learning to pick them up at take off now.
This is my primary concern to avoid footboards. but my wife feels the pegs are "WAY" better on the CR than the VTX.:)

·
Premium Member
2,358 Posts
If you raise them to the highest setting and rotate them top to rear as far as they go you will be less inclined to suffer the very painful experience of actually getting your calf jammed under it while taking off. I should have done mine before the incident.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you raise them to the highest setting and rotate them top to rear as far as they go you will be less inclined to suffer the very painful experience of actually getting your calf jammed under it while taking off. I should have done mine before the incident.
kinda funny you brought that last sentence up. ive used the
words " before the incident" many times.
and yes--been there, done that.--irv

·
Registered
372 Posts
If you noticed, the Cross bike floor boards have the front edge tapered towards the outside of the bike to at least not make it bite sharply if it does. You should ride a Harley touring frame bike once and you'll appreciete what Vic did in short order. Harley has a rectangular shape floorboard and a lot less area to put your feet down. OUCH and oh s*#t when this happens and the friends new Ultra Limited starts to go over. Saved it but I had to have her bail off quick.

·
Registered
89 Posts
A hah, something I can relate to. I too came from a VTX1300 with lots of legs room. The limited leg room on the Vic CCT was very disapointing. I am very short legged and even have trouble coming to a stop, not just taking off as the OP stated. Would like to lower it someday, but not in the budget. So, heres what I did last week. You may not follow me without pictures, but I'll try to explain. I took a piece of 1/2" thick by 2" flat stock, I think it was about 4 1/2" long.
I drilled and counter sunk 2 holes for the m8 socket head bolts that are already being used to mount the floorboards. Then drilled and tapped 2 holes for m8 bolts 1" back from the original placement of the first 2 bolt holes, but I also had to offset the two rows of bolt holes 20mm so they didnt interfear with each other. Also had to counter sink a hole in the middle of those 2 tapped holes to accomodate the center alignment peg on the floorboard mount. What this did was move the boards back 1" which helps me tremendously. With the holes offset 20mm, the bracket mounts on at the next level up from where it was before, which for me is mounted in the middle bolts holes, and keeps the floorboard at the same height as being in the bottom mounting position.

I hope this isn't too confusing.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I know a guy who lowered his bike by cutting the rod that parallels the shock. He cut it 1 inch and got a 2 inch drop out of it. Of course it's not for the faint of heart. You'll need a chop saw, welder, a piece of DOM tubing to sleeve the rod and a pair of cojones. At least thats what I heard.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts