Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On our recent trip, I ran into a fellow rider (HD) and we started talking bikes. Good conversation and really friendly couple. Our wives were talking comfort, and she showed us her adjustable highway pegs. They fold out of the way towards the rear when not in use, and are adjustable to three positions when in use.
Of course the pegs had the logo pasted all over them but when I asked, the guy said he thought Kuryakyn sold them too. I looked and am either stupid or blind but couldn't find them. And do they make them to fit our bikes (2014 CCT)? Anyone that can help would be appreciated by me (and my wife - if she's more comfy, we get more ride time together).

Thanks!

2014 CCT
Stock for now
Central Illinois

·
Registered
426 Posts
pretty sure its the ones for the Goldwing that fit the XCT, you just have to widen out the holes a c-hair

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After some research, you are right. (I know - it's been a while)
We are heading up to Anamosa IA to the outlet store - hoping to get Kuryakyn #7016 pegs for the Mrs. and the Tour Tech for me :)

Also looking for a drink holder for the trunk. I know I've seen one somewhere.....I'll keep looking.

Ride safe - spring is almost here, more snow for us this week.....WILL IT EVER END!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
mmmm well the other day on the highway there was a lady in a V8 ute play racing me when she ran out of fuel, being a gentleman I stopped to assist.
In no time at all she was on the back of my bike, (dressed quite inapropriately too, I might add)
shortly shes got her legs wrapped around my waist, and leaning back on the sissy bar with her bare feet crossed in front of me!
Such is the stability of these fine Victory bikes that I have no trouble riding with just my throttle hand, leaving my left hand free:devil
naturally I took her for the scenic route before picking up a can with fuel to get her on her way.
All up a very interesting experience.
Victory-We Ride

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
Also looking for a drink holder for the trunk. I know I've seen one somewhere.....I'll keep looking.
I'm not sure if this is the sort of thing you're looking for, but just in case, a few details on the mod I made a few years ago:

- I added a RAM diamond base and ball ( RAM 2.43" x 1.31" Diamond Ball Base with 1" Ball - RAM-B-238 | RAM Mounts ) to the side of the trunk. This is rock-solid, e.g., you can move the whole bike by grabbing onto the ball. I drilled two holes in the metal trunk support, through the black plastic on the side. (I also had to cut away some of the internal plastic speaker surround, so I could get a socket on the nuts on the end of the bolts I used. I also added some black gasket maker around the base, because the plastic is curved in that area, so the base isn't completely flush with it.

- To the RAM ball, when traveling two-up with my wife, I added the self-leveling RAM cupholder ( RAM Handlebar Rail Mount with Zinc Coated U-Bolt Base, Self-Leveling Cup Holder & Koozie Unpackaged - RAM-B-132RU | RAM Mounts ) and a six-inch extension arm. The cupholder is same one sold by Vic. This location provides easy access, and does not interfere with opening the saddlebag or getting on or off the bike.

The permanent RAM ball and base -- in place when the cupholder is not in use -- or drilling through plastic is not to everyone's liking, of course. Personal preference, taste, etc. A non-permanent solution is to use one of the sizes of the RAM Tough Claw (e.g., RAM Small Tough-Claw? with 1" Diameter Rubber Ball Unpackaged - RAP-B-400U | RAM Mounts ), if you have saddlebag guards; the downside of that is that the cupholder will be low down, harder for the passenger to reach.

Some pics from my gallery:

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well it is done. I'll start with the right side drink holder. EASY!! If there's any questions, watch Witch Doctor's video. ImageUploadedByMO Free1462321586.626917.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1462321602.098707.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Next was Mrs. Angelslove's highway pegs. Install was a little tricky. Used increasing sized drill bits and then round files to "widen" the holes, which actually needed to be closer together.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1462321751.688221.jpg
A little adjusting to get them exactly to her liking and she likes them. It's nice for her to have options when we are on the long runs.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1462321852.815775.jpg ImageUploadedByMO Free1462321868.979018.jpg
They can be in the way a little when moving the bike while sitting on it but I found no interference while normal riding. Even at stop lights, unless she forgets to put them up!!
A little pricey but we are both happy with the purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Finally, when we bought this machine, I really didn't think I would need highway pegs for me. But, for my birthday I was granted funds to spend on the bike, so I said why not? The folks at J&P were kind enough to let me take a few different styles out of the box and see how they would bolt up. The longhorn offsets worked the best FOR ME. Before I tried them, I was sold on the Tour Techs.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1462322279.065174.jpg
Mounting was very straight forward. However, I had the small driving lights to relocate. We did over 300 miles on Monday and I loved every mile more than I have before. They gave me even more options along with those mile long floor boards.
ImageUploadedByMO Free1462322586.822499.jpg
ImageUploadedByMO Free1462322601.994262.jpg

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Angelslove

Its nice to see when someone can benefit from a idea I came up with to solve a issue with comfort. I don't think my wife would ride without her highway pegs, when ever anyone starts asking about our bike she always chimes in on her pegs. After a while your wife will get used to just putting them up at lights so they don't interfere with you putting your feet down at a light.

Good job, enjoy them and ride safe...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts