Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went to the local Vic dealer the other day and purchased some passenger pegs for my Highball. First I was shocked to find they were $300. Thought I was in a HD dealer for a second! Then I was surprised to find that they were glossy black. It is the part number for the Highball. I know the frame of the bike and the driver controls are glossy black but they don't stand out as much. There isn't really any visible glossy black parts near the rear peg mounts and I thought they were gunna look funny. So I made a few phone calls and found a guy in town here that will powder coat them black for me for $70. Goin to drop them off tomorrow. Pics will follow!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Yep vic stuff is spendy, and $70, is he a vic dealer? Haha

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The powder coating will be done by a local body shop. I'm not sure what to think of my local dealer. They aren't very big, I think they have 1 mechanic. They deal in crotch rockets, used Harley, a few Vics, snowmobiles, atv's, spas, hot tubs, pools and pool tables. Interesting joint and not much Vic stuff. I just seen a pic of red and black powder coated wheels on a highball. I might have to see if the auto body guy knows how to relace spoked wheels....

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Wheels are not that hard to lace, especially if you take it apart. But i think witchdoctors has been doing some wheels like that?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well damn! A little late for me to get in on that! But I agree, $300 for pegs and brackets is pretty steep!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the pegs back from the powder coater today! They look great! Plus, the guys said since they were already powder coated, he didn't have to sand blast them. It was only $40!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks way better then the glossy black they came in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I looked all over when I bought mine. Couldn't find used ones anywhere and everywhere online was the same price as the dealer. I'd rather keep my money local unless I can get a hell of a deal online or can't find what I need locally.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts