Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I know this is a big topic for lots of people, or rather one that has been discussed, but I haven't been able to find any recent discussions on the topic. Has anyone found an aftermarket (cheaper) brand for the passenger foot peg brackets, I know that the pegs are pegs, but it's the bracket that I'm worried about.

is it worth it to buy them from the dealership? do I have any other options, after the few years these bikes have been out?

also, the rear passenger seat, how do you put it on? it looks like bolts through the seat brackets into the fender, does this mean you have to take the fender off, or the brackets that are on the outside of the fender, off to do this? I am mainly wondering if it's an easy thing to do to take the seat off and put it on, or if it's a little more detailed than that. and rear seat (brackets) are they a dealership item only also?

·
12,970 Posts
you really should say what model you have and what year. All post show up under new posts there not in you forum
Have you look in the parts for sale to see if there is any

·
Registered
117 Posts
I haven't seen any aftermarket mounts although I prefer the fit of factory stuff anyways.
You mite be able to find a used set on here or on Ebay. But if your in a time crunch just straight from Victory.
I'm gonna assume you have a Highball cause you posted in this section.
To mount the rear seat pillon you just take the strut covers off " the half moon looking things. Then the seat bolts on underneath just thread the provided allen bolts in. Then put the strut covers back on over.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
hey thanks for the replies guys, yeah, I actually have a yamaha virago, but i'm looking at buying a highball in the next couple weeks...

BRT, how long would you say it takes to put the pillion on, and/or take it off? is it kind of a, girl calls you "hey come pick me up, and lets go for a ride" so you grab the pillion on your way out the door, put it on in 20 minutes, and pick up your girl, or is it an hour+ procedure?

i'll check the for sale section, but I kinda feel like this is one of these items that once you buy it, you're going to keep it incase you need it down the road

actually, another question would be seeing as a lot of these bikes are very similar, just different bolt on items, can I steal the stock pegs off of say, a bagger or touring model?

·
Registered
117 Posts
A 20 min thing. I took mine off alot at 1st but u get used to seeing it on there. Especially after getting in a little to big of a hurry and almost having a cross thread.

Off a bagger won't work.
I think Vegas, Kingpin and not 100% sure what else will fit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok cool, thanks again for your replies!

i'm hoping I can get the dealer to throw in a set of pegs in the deal, but it's not a walk away from the deal item, so we'll see how it goes! if they aren't thrown in, i'll see if there's a junk yard that has a bike with them in it

·
Registered
24 Posts
You can find a used seat on eBay for around $100. Make sure it's a Vegas or Kingpin seat.

As far as the pegs, good luck. I had no luck finding any used anywhere. New from the dealer they are about $280.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I got the dealer to throw in a set of rear pegs when I bought mine. I had to buy the rear seat though. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
My 2010 Vegas was a solo when purchased.
3 days and 1200 miles later I was home.
First pillion had to bring her own pillow not a good arrangement.
Its possible to adapt highway pegs to the frametubes theres just enough clearance with the swimgarm.
I used that setup with a borrowed suction cap "pussy pad" till my used pegs and brackets arrived from the USA. Via eBay.
Likewise I bought a touring rear seat and backrest and leave them on all the time.
If you want the solo look and only need to get from bar to bed or riverbank then the pussy pad may do with bodgy pegs.
Most "cool looking" seats are uncomfortable though for anything more than barhopping.
If you can afford a Highball get em to throw in factory pegs and a factory seat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cool, thanks for the reply, i'm going to try to get them to throw them in, or worst case scenario, get them at cost...

sorry, i'm not familiar with some of your terms, pussy pad? I mean, I know what you're getting at, but does it literally just suction cup to the fender?

the majority of my riding is solo, but I want the ability of a second seat so I can possibly take it out of town to go rock climbing with a girl or such, like I did with my old bike.

I actually rode with a passenger so little on my old bike, that I took the factory sissy bar/back rest off and put a grab bar because it looked better...

this pic is from my virago forum, the bike is so close to my bike I thought the guy was using a pic of my bike in his signature...

took the back rest off for this grab bar

sorry if the second pic disappears down the road, it's from ebay, clymer's virago manual has a pic of my old bike with the grab bar on the cover

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
re: 'pussy pad',...I thought this term originated in U.S.A. actually.

Back in the very early '70s when Easyriders was about the only biker mag available, it was actually banned in the state I live in back then.

Its a very minimal rear seat usually on the back fender of a chopper.
Not much good for a long haul, more suited to bar-hopping.
The one I borrowed was called a 'phantom' I think, had suction caps on the bottom to fix it on, I just borrowed it for a coupla weeks till my proper seat arrived, I took one babe for a 80 mile ride and half way through it she was actually reduced to tears!

Heres a pic of a local XV1100 that pulled in behind me at a fuel stop last week, very tastily customised I thought.
Got talking and he said the guy he bought it off built it, he's an aircraft mechanic, and it shows in the bike, he was riding same direction as me so we rode together for about a half hour, it went pretty well and sounded ok , but it was no match for my Vic in acceleration:)

Attachments

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahh, well, I live in the states, so that might be the confusion! lol

i'll have to look into them a little more, i did do a little googling, i found phantom pads, they seem to be the big name in them, suction cup mount and such, but they are all like $160 so I think for that price I would just go get the factory one!

as for that yami, I love it, really well done! though I wouldn't be able to identify it if you hadn't said what it was, it doesn't appear to share any parts with my xv1000!

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
ahh, well, I live in the states, so that might be the confusion! lol

i'll have to look into them a little more, i did do a little googling, i found phantom pads, they seem to be the big name in them, suction cup mount and such, but they are all like $160 so I think for that price I would just go get the factory one!

as for that yami, I love it, really well done! though I wouldn't be able to identify it if you hadn't said what it was, it doesn't appear to share any parts with my xv1000!
heres the link to the passenger seat I bought and the place I got it from http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VICTORY-MOTORCYCLE-DELUXE-PASSENGER-SEAT-VEGAS-KINGPIN-HIGH-BALL-/111306090548?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ea5c2834&_uhb=1
also got my backrest and tacho off them....very keen prices compared with the dealers here thats for sure

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
heres the link to the passenger seat I bought and the place I got it from http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VICTORY-MOTORCYCLE-DELUXE-PASSENGER-SEAT-VEGAS-KINGPIN-HIGH-BALL-/111306090548?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item19ea5c2834&_uhb=1
also got my backrest and tacho off them....very keen prices compared with the dealers here thats for sure
Great post! I think this might be where I get it from, though the dealership is around that price, isn't it?

either that, or i might just get one of those suction cup ones, now that I know that is an option

·
Premium Member
8,710 Posts
Great post! I think this might be where I get it from, though the dealership is around that price, isn't it?

either that, or i might just get one of those suction cup ones, now that I know that is an option
get a suction cup one and you wont have too many ladies clamouring for a ride , not once theyve been on it and felt how uncomfortable it is anyway.
Get the Victory one and theyll be lining up for a ride:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts