Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody install a Corbin/Mustang/etc. seat on their Kingpin to make their passenger happier? Any custom seat manufacturers out there? Would seem to be less expensive to find a great passenger seat than to buy a Vision or Cross Country.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have the Mustang driver /passenger set-up with bot backrests.They are way better than the stock seats. My wife still wants me to get a Vision,CC, or anything with the full touring set-up.

·
Registered
690 Posts
I have the Mustang driver /passenger set-up with bot backrests.They are way better than the stock seats. My wife still wants me to get a Vision,CC, or anything with the full touring set-up.
And you're against the idea of Cross country, why ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Anybody install a Corbin/Mustang/etc. seat on their Kingpin to make their passenger happier? Any custom seat manufacturers out there? Would seem to be less expensive to find a great passenger seat than to buy a Vision or Cross Country.
I'd approach passenger comfort this way:

1) Get her a backrest and use that with the stock pillion (about $150)
2) Look into the Butt Buddy passenger seat, which (I think) has a return policy (about $150)
3) Upgrade the stock pillion to a touring pillion (about $150 on ebay or sale)
4) Get a real Corbin touring seat for $700-1000

I read a lot of love for the Mustang, but that seems like a load of crap to me. I wasted $500 for a Mustang on my last bike. It was no more comfortable than stock, was still just relatively cheap vinyl, and was way higher off the ground than stock. In the end I wished I just either kept the stock seat or went all the way with a custom Corbin.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Covered 3 of 4!

I'd approach passenger comfort this way:

1) Get her a backrest and use that with the stock pillion (about $150)
2) Look into the Butt Buddy passenger seat, which (I think) has a return policy (about $150)
3) Upgrade the stock pillion to a touring pillion (about $150 on ebay or sale)
4) Get a real Corbin touring seat for $700-1000

I read a lot of love for the Mustang, but that seems like a load of crap to me. I wasted $500 for a Mustang on my last bike. It was no more comfortable than stock, was still just relatively cheap vinyl, and was way higher off the ground than stock. In the end I wished I just either kept the stock seat or went all the way with a custom Corbin.
My Kingpin Tour came with the touring pillion and a backrest built into the trunk. Bought and AirHawk 2 that must be similar to a Butt Buddy and it relieved tailbone pressure. Now, who's sitting on a custom Corbin?

·
Premium Member
49 Posts
I installed a Mustang driver and passenger with backrest. Just came back from riding in Branson. My wife cannot believe the difference from stock.

·
Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I've had extremely good luck with the Western Saddle Cushion made of about 1/2" neoprene. I just cut out the section where my tail bone was hurtin' and voila; no more pain. It straps to the seat just fine and sit under a sheepskin I like to use in the hot months but maybe I'll just leave it on all the time now.

http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=0737788E-C98B-4DB1-87FD-155EC4A99185&item=30325&ccd=IASE0001&utm_source=Amazon&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=30325

36755Black15" x 13"$30.95FREE FGT

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks BBob! An inexpensive and great solution. Thanks for the Internet link to boot! I like the closed cell foam concept. I may have to try my rider on the AirHawk2 for a few more rides. Maybe the Western Saddle Cushion can be my butt saver!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts