Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Time to change the rear rubber again and whether by MaVic design or age and a bad back I am not looking forward to it after the last struggle when I did it and it took a week to recover.
Paul makes it look easy in his Video with only undoing the shock bolts and lift up with small sissor jack.
I've always taken the wheels off the bike by myself to carry into the dealer to mount. Some bikes are easier some harder.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
Another good one Paul, thank you!

One question though regarding the scissor jack. Is it lifting the bike with the crossover on the jack or by the crossover bracket being on the jack? Paul keeps saying the bracket but then points to the actual crossover. The video also looks like the actual crossover is resting on the jack.

Yes, I know you can't lift the bike by the exhaust crossover. I just think it should be made more clear in the video.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

One question though regarding the scissor jack. Is it lifting the bike with the crossover on the jack or by the crossover bracket being on the jack? Paul keeps saying the bracket but then points to the actual crossover. The video also looks like the actual crossover is resting on the jack.

Yes, I know you can't lift the bike by the exhaust crossover. I just think it should be made more clear in the video.
Yes, I agree. I have a reinforced skid plate on mine making it lots easier to lift. He was pretty quick with the wheel re install also. That is the issue with most of us. Putting it back together.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Oh wow that looks more difficult than what I'm used to doing. I guess creating a level surface on the bottom of bike was too difficult?
Can't say I'm looking forward to that when I get to it.

·
Registered
146 Posts

At the 1:12 mark of the video, he says he uses the crossover and the rear passenger mounts, with the left one supported with a 3/4" piece of wood

I used both as well, during my recent rear tire change.

Dusty

1 - 7 of 7 Posts