Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
13,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
784 Posts
It is called the National No Call List. Not perfect but it works.
As for Pay Pal, I asked to have my account closed several years ago when they decided they needed my bank account numbers and permission to make transactions on them. They said they would nuke my account without all that. Told them to go hose themselves.
They lied the account is still there. Contact them and tell them to leave you off the list, preferably in writing and you have some recourse.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
As for Pay Pal, I asked to have my account closed several years ago when they decided they needed my bank account numbers and permission to make transactions on them. They said they would nuke my account without all that. Told them to go hose themselves.
They lied the account is still there. Contact them and tell them to leave you off the list, preferably in writing and you have some recourse.
That's odd ... they've never asked for my banking info. They do have my CC on file but that's standard. Perhaps it was a phishing attempt by a hacker?

·
Registered
784 Posts
CC on file is fine. My account still will not open for CC though they demand account #'s. They might have backed off of the practice, or your being in Canada might be the difference. Yes, I figured the same and called them and it was verified.
Don't know.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I had a debit card listed with paypal for years. Then they wanted to 'verify' my account and wanted a checking number.

I ignored it for years,,,until I sold something on ebay and in order to transfer the money to my checking they needed it.

So I provided it, and that was about 5 years back. In that time I have had my debit card hacked twice, one time getting me for $3,700 before the bank caught on but not a single hack through paypal.

That said, I am good. Its all insured anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
Interesting. I use PayPal for all my internet purchases (truth be told it's prolly only 12 per year)- they have my CC details only. For us Ozzies we get stuff shipped globally- no choice. Only once have I not had something turn up, and I was charged for it so I reversed the transaction with PayPal which was easy to do and a great result.

I have not had any issues ever with PayPal- very happy with it.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
Interesting. I use PayPal for all my internet purchases (truth be told it's prolly only 12 per year)- they have my CC details only. For us Ozzies we get stuff shipped globally- no choice. Only once have I not had something turn up, and I was charged for it so I reversed the transaction with PayPal which was easy to do and a great result.

I have not had any issues ever with PayPal- very happy with it.

I've been using PayPal for well over a decade with no issues. Have two bank accounts and one credit card on it. Probably do 75 to 100 transactions a year with them. I'd say 95% of my internet purchases are PayPal transactions. You can even pay with them in stores (Home Depot for example).

Love PayPal! I don't know if I've ever even heard someone have a bad transaction with them, that they didn't fix quickly and easily.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
It was on the news this afternoon about Solicitor phone calls and how the FCC is looking at letting phone providers blocking them for us.
Senator Al Franken is trying to block Paypal robocalls. Other words starting next month if you use PayPal you give them the right to give your phone number to a solicitor. There talking about Minnesota now but you could be next.

http://www.noodls.com/viewNoodl/28706841/al160franken/sen-franken-blasts-paypal-for-forcing-its-users-to-accept-r
There are plenty of scammers out there CLAIMING TO BE PAYPAL
I get em regularly contacting me, I've reported thrm but these days I just delete the fake emails, I dont even open em and god forbid dont click on thier links.

·
13,235 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

No it doesn't work. The FCC is looking at changing the rules and I hope soon

·
Registered
784 Posts
Nothing is going to work if you give permission. As the rest said, after that you are in the hot seat to stop calls and contacting them in writing gives you recourse. You have to have proof, then take it to your AG. How they pursue it state to state is up to them and the ones who vote for them.
If you don't vote, then don't gripe, you left your choice out.
I know I'm going to gripe so I make sure I am at the polls.

Cheers

·
Registered
131 Posts
The problem is much larger. We have become a nation of advertisements. They are F'ing everywhere. The internet is trash now.

My cable and internet is through time warner, the road-runner highspeed crap. When you set up you set up your service and they package it, they offer you a $20.00 reduction if you select their digital phone! Who wouldnt? I save 20 bucks a month to have a house phone....great right? Wrong. They pay you to take their phone service so they have more numbers to sell to advertisement/solicitation companies.

My house phone rings about 30 times a day, most are robotic sales. And yes, our number is unlisted and we are already on the no calls list.

Total scam.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The OP was most likely being called by someone OTHER than PayPal who simply "claimed" to be paypal so I think that has likely been established. I've had a PayPal account since the dawn of PayPal. I have NEVER given them a phone number... ever.
They DO have a connection to my checking account as I have no issue with them "verifying" me and even to pull directly from my checking account when "I" want to for Paypal transactions.

The ONE thing to take away from this is that paypal will NEVER call you directly. If you get a call from ANYONE "claiming" to be paypal and that your account is AT RISK!!!! simply hang up. It's a SCAM!

If they tell you to call back and THEY give you the number to call... it's a SCAM!

If you REALLY want to find out if PayPal called you... you CALL THEM on a "knonw good" number... like their customer service number.

·
Registered
1,680 Posts
The OP was most likely being called by someone OTHER than PayPal who simply "claimed" to be paypal so I think that has likely been established. I've had a PayPal account since the dawn of PayPal. I have NEVER given them a phone number... ever.

I just went to check, because I wasn't sure, and I have no phone number on file with PayPal either. My account with them started in 2003.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
13,699 Posts
I just went to check, because I wasn't sure, and I have no phone number on file with PayPal either. My account with them started in 2003.

If your account has expired make a new one without providing anything you don't feel comfortable with. At some point you will be able to click on the contact link at the bottom of pretty much an business page. This is theirs but I don't know if it will work without you being logged in to an account. I think the need to weed out those who simply want to mess with them without having a way to retaliate. You can trust PayPal. They are not some evil business. They have been undergoing some changes though since they have divorced from Ebay.

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/help/contact/email/t_s

·
Registered
131 Posts
Oh and in case anyone was interested, I am a Nigerian Prince and have 794 billion dollars waiting on me, all I need is about,,,(oh, how much is a new CC Tour?) $25,000.00 to gain access to my 794 billion. If any of you are kind enough to make that $25,000.00 deposit in my account I will be glad to give you all of the 794 Billion in return..

Anybody?

·
Registered
2,403 Posts
Oh and in case anyone was interested, I am a Nigerian Prince and have 794 billion dollars waiting on me, all I need is about,,,(oh, how much is a new CC Tour?) $25,000.00 to gain access to my 794 billion. If any of you are kind enough to make that $25,000.00 deposit in my account I will be glad to give you all of the 794 Billion in return..

Anybody?
Will you accept a check? :ltr:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts