Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 XC with D&D,PC-V with auto tune. Can anyone help me set up the table for the temp input values? I seems like there is a certain voltage per degree maybe. Thanks for any helpthumb up

·
Registered
269 Posts
i cannot..question thou

I have a 2011 XC with D&D,PC-V with auto tune. Can anyone help me set up the table for the temp input values? I seems like there is a certain voltage per degree maybe. Thanks for any helpthumb up
I was under the impression that the auto tune did just that...tuned the bike via imput from the o2 sensors maybe other sensors as well. I'm new to the XC relatively and am considering the pcv with the auto tune along with other mods. if there is still set up with the pcv would it be better to just have the bike dyno tuned and forget about the auto tune device?

·
Registered
298 Posts
What 'temperature table' exactly are you talking about 'setting up':confused: If you're just setting the AT up that needs to be turned off as Victory does not have a temp sensor as such. All it does I think is tell the AT when to start functioning. All I've ever heard anybody do is leave it set to OFF and set the time to about 2 mins. That is unless you're talking about something entirely different:confused:.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you turn on the temp reading it asks to fill out a voltage table corresponding to certain temps. Its not that you need it set up for it to run i just thought the more info i can give the PC-V the better. Then temp sensor is between the cylinders.

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
H'mmm. I've been told that the victorys do not have heat sensors. go figurewac
Yep. It's one of the sensors that give the info to the ECM to add fuel or to cut off the cold start enrichener. Seems like i remember reading the enrichener will time out after a few minutes or until it reaches a certain temp like if you just stopped for gas or something; you wouldn't want the bike to go through the entire cold start enrichment all over again.

I think it uses the info of high temps to add fuel like if out riding on a 110 degree day like an idiot like me. :D

Of course the AFR Map does the same thing in that it shoots for a certain AFR - whatever you have it set for.

After figuring out to not leave the cord plugged into the PCV; the tuner has been doing it's thing beautifully and making the bike run better and better. I accept the trims about every 300 miles or so. Try to give it plenty of opportunity under different loads and conditions for it to settle into something best for the way I ride.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
PCV install

Are most who buy the PC-V installing them on their bikes themselves or having the dealer install? I have wrenched on my own bikes for years so I would like to do this myself if it is not to bad. What $$$ amount for the PC-V and auto tune when buying and from who. Just thinking of down the road I would like to do this. Also is this set up helping the fuel mileage at all?thumb up

·
Premium Member
13,158 Posts
Are most who buy the PC-V installing them on their bikes themselves or having the dealer install? I have wrenched on my own bikes for years so I would like to do this myself if it is not to bad. What $$$ amount for the PC-V and auto tune when buying and from who. Just thinking of down the road I would like to do this. Also is this set up helping the fuel mileage at all?thumb up
I didn't and regret it. I lobbed a softball at the local dealership to install a PCV w/AT and they got the cylinders reversed on the AT. Took me a long time to figure out what they did wrong.

If you can do this job yourself, and most people who can read and understand written directions can, you would be doing yourself a favor in doing it yourself so you know it's done right.

I went through fuelmotousa.com for $600 for both units. I hear there are some cheaper places now but the after sale support is really good with Fuelmoto.

·
Premium Member
2,357 Posts
Where did you route the O2 sensors wires? Tank have to come off?
I took the tank off and ran the front O2 sensor wire along the frame. I hate routing wires and prolly could have done a better job of it. The installation itself works well. As I learn I tweak.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I did mine the other night, not too happy with the front O2 sensor routing. It needs to be longer, did you solder some of the trimmed cable to the front one to make it longer?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts