Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there's plenty of theory but I'd like to hear from those who are running with a PC-V and who have disconnected the O2 sensors.

Did you notice a difference good or bad?
Did you end up reconnecting your sensors?
Does the PC-V override the narrow band sensors and not to bother?

Again, only for those who can speak of first hand knowledge. Not looking for another 60+ page thread like the Cobra PowerPro thread. Just real world feedback. The PC-V I put on my 2009 Street Glide came with caps for the factory O2 sensors once they were disconnected. Since this kit didn't have any, I'm wondering if it's DynoJets intent for us to leave them alone.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
For me, it's all good! :D

Especially, with the Lloydz drop in cams and the Dyno Tune from a trusted mechanic and tuner. Lots of extra HP, which never goes out of style. The o2 sensors are still disconnected.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Um, pretty sure it says in the instructions that you need to disconnect your O2 sensors. You don't need to remove them from the header pipes, just disconnect about 10" up from the sensor at the connector.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Um, pretty sure it says in the instructions that you need to disconnect your O2 sensors. You don't need to remove them from the header pipes, just disconnect about 10" up from the sensor at the connector.
Had exhaust modified by Coastal Victory/Hot Vic when I bought it. They also installed the (then) new Lloyd's performance air filter. Shortly after, Kyle installed a Lloyd's IAC Valve and disconnected the O2 sensors.

After that I didn't like look of the O2 sensors and wiring, so I removed them and put in plugs that I painted to match the pipes with Hi Temp engine Paint.

Runs Great and Looks much cleaner than with O2 sensors

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Had exhaust modified by Coastal Victory/Hot Vic when I bought it. They also installed the (then) new Lloyd's performance air filter. Shortly after, Kyle installed a Lloyd's IAC Valve and disconnected the O2 sensors.

After that I didn't like look of the O2 sensors and wiring, so I removed them and put in plugs that I painted to match the pipes with Hi Temp engine Paint.

Runs Great and Looks much cleaner than with O2 sensors
?Do you also have the VFC III that the OP was asking about?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Never connect the stock O2s with a PC or VFC- it'll fight the controller and throw off your tune.

·
13,263 Posts
Alef’s H-D
Wichita, KS 67219
316-721-3500
M & M Choppers Inc
Galva, KS 67443
620-654-3142
Smither’s Customs
Olathe, KS 66061
913-768-8667
Topeka H-D
Topeka, KS 66612
785-234-6174
Doerflers H-D
Hays, KS 67601
785-625-2022
Olathe Suzuki
Olathe, KS 66061
913-782-8787

here is a list of power comander techs in your town

·
13,263 Posts
I know there's plenty of theory but I'd like to hear from those who are running with a PC-V and who have disconnected the O2 sensors.

Did you notice a difference good or bad?
Did you end up reconnecting your sensors?
Does the PC-V override the narrow band sensors and not to bother?

Again, only for those who can speak of first hand knowledge. Not looking for another 60+ page thread like the Cobra PowerPro thread. Just real world feedback. The PC-V I put on my 2009 Street Glide came with caps for the factory O2 sensors once they were disconnected. Since this kit didn't have any, I'm wondering if it's DynoJets intent for us to leave them alone.
why would you come here and ask us. I would think the smart thing would be to go to power comander and ask them.
Seeing how harley use narrow band and we don't why would you ask about apples and oranges

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
why would you come here and ask us. I would think the smart thing would be to go to power comander and ask them.
Seeing how harley use narrow band and we don't why would you ask about apples and oranges
He's a member of this forum, like me and you and we ask questions of each other. Is there a written SOP that we're given that prohibits us from asking questions? That's a rhetorical question. :nanana:

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
He's a member of this forum, like me and you and we ask questions of each other. Is there a written SOP that we're given that prohibits us from asking questions? That's a rhetorical question. :nanana:
LOL :ltr:

Btw, what's a SOP? I heard of SOB, so does the "P" stand for Peach here?

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
You have to understand that the sop here is that vision johnny is a pain in the butt. He constantly tells people how to find out info in a condescending way, as in you should use the search feature. Well I tell you what, the search feature sucks. This forum should be for the sharing of info from people who have the same problems/ questions. You shouldn't get your balls busted when you ask a question. Maybe vision johnny should get on his ride more often and off the dang computer and he wouldn't have to suffer thru all the repetitive questions.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
All Victory closed loop fuel injection systems are indeed narrow band. Only way to get wide band is with an aftermarket controller such as the PC-V with Autotune that comes with it's own sensors.

·
Registered
298 Posts
When using the PC-V, the 02 sensors should be disconnected. This came directly from Chris @ DynoJet. 02 sensors are used only if you also have the Auto-Tune as well as the PC-V and the A/T comes with it's own wideband sensors.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks to those with constructive replies. I knew there was some definitive guidance but wasn't sure exactly which way. After all the back and forth over the Cobra, I was hoping to be able to cut to the chase with the PC-V & sensor combination and not take for granted anything based on what was and what wasn't included with the kit.

·
Registered
261 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts