Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the PC3 "2005 Victory Hammer Stage 1 kit" and "Victory Stage 1 drag pipes, S&S air box" maps are supposed to be comparable to the dealer Stage 1 re-flash maps?

I'm trying to find a shop around Northern Colorado to do a custom tune for me but they are all primarily Harley shops. When I ask them if they can tune my Victory they either just say "no", or act as if its some huge burden to them and say something like "Yeah, maybe we can get you in around September or something...". Either way, I would like to take it to a shop that I trust will take it seriously.

In the mean time, I'm trying to find a map that will suit my mods reasonably until I can find a place. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Hope some forum member has an excellent solution for you ....

BUMB UP

·
Registered
57 Posts
I would guess the tune for the S&S airbox and drag pipes has more fuel put into it than the 2005 stage 1 flash. The S&S airbox really opens these bikes up and allows them to breath and pull hard to almost 6,000rpms. I have the PC3 but have yet to install it because i have the 2007 stage 1 flash on my Hammer. Our TPS sensors all vary slightly and everyone says you have to dyno tune your bike to get it right. One question i have with the PC3 is can you download your current tune off your ecm to your PC3? I would like to download my current stage 1 flash and add some fuel to it

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't think you can pull the map off of your ECM. I assume that the PC3 has no idea what ECM map is and only adds or reduces the amount of fuel at a given throttle position and RPM. That's why the downloaded maps won't work with stage 1 flashes. I may be wrong.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wait so if i have the stage 1 flash currently installed what does the PC3 base the +/- fuel curve off of? Are you adding/removing fuel based off the stage 1 flash or the factory tune?

·
13,188 Posts
you have to have your bike flashed back to stock FIRST per Lloydz

Please note that it is ONLY necessary to revert back to a stock download when installing a VFC on 2002-2007 models. It IS NOT necessary on the 2008-later models. The downloads on the 2008-later models are lean enough that it does not drastically affect the tuning of the VFC.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wait so if i have the stage 1 flash currently installed what does the PC3 base the +/- fuel curve off of? Are you adding/removing fuel based off the stage 1 flash or the factory tune?
The PC3 +/- fueling is based purely off of throttle position and RPM from what I can gather(possibly timing on advanced maps). If you wanted to experiment with your stage 1 flash, I think you could start with a zero map on the PC3 and make small adjustments from there. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
57 Posts
you have to have your bike flashed back to stock FIRST per Lloydz

Please note that it is ONLY necessary to revert back to a stock download when installing a VFC on 2002-2007 models. It IS NOT necessary on the 2008-later models. The downloads on the 2008-later models are lean enough that it does not drastically affect the tuning of the VFC.
Ok you're speaking of a VFC. Someone needs to confirm if its the same on a PC3

1 - 10 of 10 Posts