1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a solid base map for:

2005 Vic Vegas 8 ball
S&S Air Intake
Stage 1 or 2ish Modified Exhaust (cut down shorter, very small baffles, loud - likely high air flow)

Thanks

Attachments

·
13,048 Posts
maybe here say why don't you go see Kevinx he will give you the best tune you can find. Hes dyno tuning at Daytona right now
southern motoworx
1120 S Main St, # 4
High Springs, Florida

Power Commander Maps - The Vic Shop

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the link, I tried that one and see everything is for 106ci and mines a 92ci. I did reach out to Kevinx recently; I wish I could take the time off from work to go get it tuned by him.. Great suggestions.

·
Registered
426 Posts
Not sure on V92's but I was told for my 06 PC3 maps are not like maps for 106. The TPS varied on older bikes making maps a crap shoot. You are left with getting it tuned. However. I am pretty sure the PC3 can be used as if it were a VFC3 using the face plate buttons (dip switches above post). Where to start at with that I am unsure but will be looking into it more soon. I have a Thirdgears intake on the way that I will be putting on with a throttle body adapter and main fuel line. I will be getting it tuned soon after so just something to hopefully get me to the tuner. Depending on how old your adapter is (if they had them on V92's) should be checked or changed depending on how old it is.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys, I'll keep doing research and digging in.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Have you gone to the power cammander site? If not, I would go there and try map #909-004(Arlen Ness 2into1 exhaust, Arlen Ness airbox , Stock ECM).
That looks closest to what you have. But you could also try #909-002(Victory Drag Pipes and stock air filter).

You can download these right off the Dynojet site.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Tarzan,

Yeah, I've been on PC's website... I found all their available maps and have them.. I also chatted recently with Kevinx, who's up in Daytona dyno'n at Bike week, he said he'll reach out when he get back but that my year bike can be real touchy when it comes to anything other than a full dyno.. I've heard this several times now so my primary goal has shifted to find an interim map deemed safe enough to load up and get me to a local dyno shop in my area (less than 20 miles away) - luckily I have a few to choose from... but finding the best one is the trick.

Thanks again for the advice and nice XC btw.

·
13,048 Posts
you have Kevinx down there and he could give you the best help.
One of the best there is
Hes in Daytona right now with his dyno. He will not turn you away.
southern motorworx

1120 S Main St, # 4
High Springs, Florida

@kevinxsouthernmotorworx

Call (352) 215-325

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Hope you don't mind but I put a link to your mediafire folder in my mediafire Service Manual folder under PC3 Tunes. The more people we can reach to help the better IMHO.
Can you really be sure you are "helping" people when even one of the top Victory mechanic's says it is really not a wise thing to do?

·
Registered
146 Posts
Can you really be sure you are "helping" people when even one of the top Victory mechanic's says it is really not a wise thing to do?
Will two bikes of the same year with the same mods really require maps that are significantly different? Would this difference justify spending an additional $700USD to make the performance optimal? For me the answer was no... but then I was unable to find a map and so I had to pay the money anyways.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank ya kindly "Whatcaneyedo" - I'll see if that one will play nice enough to get me to my dyno tune this coming week.

Appreciate it!

·
Registered
426 Posts
Will two bikes of the same year with the same mods really require maps that are significantly different? Would this difference justify spending an additional $700USD to make the performance optimal? For me the answer was no... but then I was unable to find a map and so I had to pay the money anyways.
I don't believe it is about performance it's more about damaging the engine. With varying throttle positions I would assume (I am not a mechanic) that it could leave someone with a possibility of running to lean at times. Believe me if it was told to me it was safe I would do the same thing. I was told it isn't a good idea so I don't.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I really wish someone like Kevin X, Lloydz, or Rylan would reply to this thread as to the why you shouldn't.

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
That is outside my scope of knowledge on the subject. However I find it hard to believe any tune made for the same bike with the same parts will be so bad it would blow an engine.

Even KevinX brings his canned maps when he installs cams on the road. Most people are happy with the results. There may be a few who want to get every last little bit of power out of the tune so they have it dyno'd but for the average rider it's just fine.

Hi BBob hope your watching tonight
Just caught this. :grin

1 - 20 of 22 Posts