Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the proper method of riding your motorcycle to achieve a tune similar to a dyno. I have a PC5 with Auto Tune installed.

I have 2 great maps from Lloyd Greer, and Kevin Cross.

I had a excellent tuned map until I had my cams installed. Now I want to tune it again.

Is there a method of riding that a person like myself should follow, similar to being on a dyno? I understand how to accept trims. The maps I have are a great start with excellent AFR's for similar bikes.

I noticed when watching video's of bikes being dyno'd on youtube. Tuners usually get the bike into 4th or 5th gears and gun it. Then they make adjustments. I assume the adjustments that are made are similar to accepting trims.

In order to accept trims in all cells. Am I going to have to gun it in 1st gear let off throttle completely, and 2nd gear let off completely, and so on. Repeating this procedure until I have tuned all 6 gears. I would assume it would be best to go all the way up to 6,000 rpm's in all 6 gears. Well 1-4th anyway. I have my Rev X-tended in the Power Commander software. That gets me to 6k rpm's in 1-4th gears. Still thinking about getting my ECU reprogrammed by Lloyd Greer to achieve 6,200 rpms in all 6 gears.

BTW This is what I'm running:

I own a 2013 Victory Cross Country with these performance mods.

1. VM1 Cams
2. D&D Boss Slip Ons (Unwrapped Baffles)
3. Lloyds High Flow Filter
4. Adjustable Timing Gear set to +4
5. Idle air Valve
6. 1/4 turn throttle ring
7. Power Commander 5 with Auto-Tuner

Thanks in advance. I'm ready to get my baby tuned to it's full potential. I live in Oregon. So it's difficult to find a good Victory Tuner like on the east coast.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
I am looking for the proper method of riding your motorcycle to achieve a tune similar to a dyno. I have a PC5 with Auto Tune installed.

I have 2 great maps from Lloyd Greer, and Kevin Cross.

I had a excellent tuned map until I had my cams installed. Now I want to tune it again.

Is there a method of riding that a person like myself should follow, similar to being on a dyno? I understand how to accept trims. The maps I have are a great start with excellent AFR's for similar bikes.

I noticed when watching video's of bikes being dyno'd on youtube. Tuners usually get the bike into 4th or 5th gears and gun it. Then they make adjustments. I assume the adjustments that are made are similar to accepting trims.

In order to accept trims in all cells. Am I going to have to gun it in 1st gear let off throttle completely, and 2nd gear let off completely, and so on. Repeating this procedure until I have tuned all 6 gears. I would assume it would be best to go all the way up to 6,000 rpm's in all 6 gears. Well 1-4th anyway. I have my Rev X-tended in the Power Commander software. That gets me to 6k rpm's in 1-4th gears. Still thinking about getting my ECU reprogrammed by Lloyd Greer to achieve 6,200 rpms in all 6 gears.

BTW This is what I'm running:

I own a 2013 Victory Cross Country with these performance mods.

1. VM1 Cams
2. D&D Boss Slip Ons (Unwrapped Baffles)
3. Lloyds High Flow Filter
4. Adjustable Timing Gear set to +4
5. Idle air Valve
6. 1/4 turn throttle ring
7. Power Commander 5 with Auto-Tuner

Thanks in advance. I'm ready to get my baby tuned to it's full potential. I live in Oregon. So it's difficult to find a good Victory Tuner like on the east coast.
Just ride it normally.... it's not a one time tune, it tunes constantly, on the fly, adapting to your current riding situation (ie. elevation, temp, wind drag, etc)... If the "on the fly" changes it needs to make exceed the default 20% range, you either accept trims to get it closer, or expand the range to something over 20%. But, the AT is a dynamic tuning solution, it's not like a dyno where you get one shot to tune at WOT and that's it.

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just ride it normally.... it's not a one time tune, it tunes constantly, on the fly, adapting to your current riding situation (ie. elevation, temp, wind drag, etc)... If the "on the fly" changes it needs to make exceed the default 20% range, you either accept trims to get it closer, or expand the range to something over 20%. But, the AT is a dynamic tuning solution, it's not like a dyno where you get one shot to tune at WOT and that's it.
That was a good answer. Thanks man. thumb up

1 - 3 of 3 Posts