Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to understand the difference for the PC5 for 2016 and newer vs the 2015 and below.

I see a ton on ebay but not really many for the 2016 and up and I'm trying to understand what's the difference. On Witchdoctors they say not to use the older version but I have seen folks with 2016s using it with seems like no issues. If you know, could you please tell me the difference.

I thought it was due to the O2 sensors because they are different but I have mine disconnected with the Lloyd's bypass. But I haven't confirmed if that's the difference.

All help appreciated.

·
Premium Member
4,900 Posts
I know this is going to sound crazy, but why not just get the right unit for your bike?

Maybe, the '16 and up comes with O2 sensor eliminators…. because they need to be disconnected with the PC-V... and the '16 and up will throw a check engine code without the eliminators.

Ya know, Power Commander has great tech support. You can call and ask them directly.
800-992-4993

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Spoke with DynoJet and basically the model for 2016 - 2017 is completely different. Previous models only could do fuel since the ignition portion never worked properly so they decided to scratch having both functions. 2016-2017 they fixed that issue and it now comes with both.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
is there more power to be found with the new one?
Cant confirm or deny, I just knew I wanted to have the right one for my bike. Didn't want to buy a used one or something for cheap just to have it not work and not be able to return it.

·
13,090 Posts
Cant confirm or deny, I just knew I wanted to have the right one for my bike. Didn't want to buy a used one or something for cheap just to have it not work and not be able to return it.
If you do a Maximum you'll always be up to date. You'll have a good tune without doing a dyno. Yes PCV will be cheaper but then you'll need a dyno tune to get the full potential out of the PCV

1 - 6 of 6 Posts