Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For my 07 Hammer which one is better to go with? as of right now the bike has stage 1 shotgun exhaust and vented filter box onlt but there will be much changed over time.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
What I like about my Power Commander is that it is completely invisible/anonymous to me. Oh, I know where it is and I can see it... But I don't ever think about it, I don't ever interface with it... it requires nothing from me.

The bike starts right up, runs seamlessly, responds to whatever throttle input I give it without complaint, no spitting popping or bad manners, makes gobs of power, and returns an average of 45 mpg the way I ride it (read: not gently).

Kyle tuned it 2 years ago... he rode it last time he was here and commented on how smooth it was and how seamlessly it ran (and it does). I haven't touched it or made a single adjustment. What's the point? The Power Commander and dyno tune were worth every cent I paid because I haven't given the tuning a thought in 2 years. The bike runs like a Swiss watch and I never lifted a finger...

Pre tune 38 mpg
Post tune 45 mpg
So it paid for itself in fuel savings.

Just sayin...

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
half crazy...so help me here. You have the Lloyds Power Commander and that's all. You don't need the auto tune with that? Also, if that statement is true, do you need a DYNO to set up the Power Commander or does the PC do it ALL? Thanks.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Thanks Crazy.......
He is saying that he has the Dynojet Power Commander and took it to a place that does dyno tuning to be able to tune it in, he does not have the Lloyd's Victory fuel controller

Arkie...... I spent many years in Blytheville/Gosnell growing up until they closed the base

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Thanks Crazy.......
Arkie...... I spent many years in Blytheville/Gosnell growing up until they closed the base
Wow....small world. Let's see, let me throw some names out there....Brenda Warren, Steve Southard, Brenda Ledbetter?

Or some stuff in town...Betty's and Lettie's Cafe, Penn's BBQ, Jeri-Lin's Donuts?

Anything sound familiar?

Pretty rough place now unfortunately.

·
13,177 Posts
arkiebiker

yes and no on dynoing the PCV. If you dyno it and that will give you a map. So now you will be tuned. Your fuel curve and timing will be right.

With out dynoing you will have to find a map that might or might not work for you. That could take all summer and it would be all guess work. You could hurt your motor and not even know your doing it.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
So VJ, what is the final difference... Or a better question might be, what is the "role" of a PCV, a Lloyd's VCIII, an auto tune and a Dyno?

That would help me understand better... Maybe others too.

FWIW... My bike is stock pipes, Lloyd's air box o2 sensors still plugged in (nothing else).... However the Lloyd's timing wheel is on the way. I'm only interested in cooler running and better fuel efficiency.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
The VFC is limited to adding fuel (enrichening) and both cylinders get the same tune. It is pushbutton adjustable (Helps if you know how to tune).

The Power Commander can add or remove fuel (richer or leaner), it can increase the rev limit incrementally, it can adjust timing above 2500 rpm, and it can tune each cylinder individually.
It can either be tuned on a dyno or you can purchase an auto-tune module w/wide band O2 sensors and it will tune itself... but... you still have to set it up for the desired air/fuel ratios and save the 'trims' until it builds your maps.

The Power Commander will give much more accurate tuning, but it is only as good as the person setting it up.

What you need will depend on the level of modification. If you're not doing much, you don't need much.

·
Registered
450 Posts
FWIW... My bike is stock pipes, Lloyd's air box o2 sensors still plugged in (nothing else).... However the Lloyd's timing wheel is on the way. I'm only interested in cooler running and better fuel efficiency.
If you're running Loydz breather on a stock bike with O2 sensors plugged in, odds are good you're extremely lean.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts