Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi, I have a 2008 that is at the shop I bought the bike at, and they are installing a PCIII. Just thought about this, but would a Power Commander void a factory warranty? The shop is closed right now so I can't call them. I have 5 year extended warranty that I don't want to screw with.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I have the Victory stage 1, 2 into 1 pipes and a high flow air filter. Looking to remove the baffle later in the airbox. Currently I get random backfires so I wanted to install the PCIII and the tune for my current configuration. Maybe later get a dyno tune.

Do you have any other suggestions?

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Pc v

Given any thought to the PC V?

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
First off.......The extended warrenty is NOT subject to the MM Act. It is a INSURANCE policy, and if you modify the bike with pretty much ANY non Vic part. They can cancel your policy. Read the contract. It is extremely rare for them to do so, but I have seen it happen on more then one ocasion.

Next up.....The stray pop and backfire is NOT a tuning issue. It happens because of the way Vic activates the Idle Air Control Valve. So unless you have modified the engine itself, or have some aftermarket pipes; a controller is a waste of money

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I didn't see the PC IV for my model. I would like to email them to see if they will have an upgrade module for the PCIII.

I plan to remove the rubber stopper / baffle from the stock airbox, however I can't find the post that shows the gains on the V O G forums, their website is messed up. Does anyone know the comparisons between the modified stock airbox and the S&S intake?

Thanks

·
13,263 Posts
Power Commander

LEAVE the baffles in!:)
You will lose horse power with them out.
As far as power commander goes victory would have to prove in a court of law that it hurt your motor and I will bet that power commander will have more then one lawyer there.
Power commander is a good unit the V model is the way to go cause it adjusts as you ride.:crzy:

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
I didn't see the PC IV for my model. I would like to email them to see if they will have an upgrade module for the PCIII.

I plan to remove the rubber stopper / baffle from the stock airbox, however I can't find the post that shows the gains on the V O G forums, their website is messed up. Does anyone know the comparisons between the modified stock airbox and the S&S intake?

Thanks
Your back bone is your intake. No such thing as an S&S for the X bikes, and like I said. No point in wasting money on a controler unless you do some type of INTERNAL mods

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
LEAVE the baffles in!:)
You will lose horse power with them out.
As far as power commander goes victory would have to prove in a court of law that it hurt your motor and I will bet that power commander will have more then one lawyer there.
Power commander is a good unit the V model is the way to go cause it adjusts as you ride.:crzy:
He is not talking about the baffles in his exhaust. He is talking about the rubber strip in the front of the intake; that Vic installed for EPA compliance on intake noise. Removing the strip is good for several HP, and a bunch of torque. Peak numbers go up by like 3/9

·
13,263 Posts
Power Commander

I wrote Lloydz a couple weeks back and he told me to buy the one for the 09. He said ebay might be a cheap place to buy one.
thumb up

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
:
You might want to double check your facts.
1] The extended warranty is NOT A WARRANTY it is in fact an INSURANCE POLICY, and it is stated in the CONTRACT that NO MODIFICATIONS are permitted.

2] As it is an insurance policy GE[the actual policy holder] can cancel your contract for ANY reason they choose. Again this is stipulated in the contract

3] Only with a warranty do you have the ability to challenge in court for free. As this is a insurance claim, You need to bring a lawyer, and the winning person is not allowed payment remuneration for their lawyer. In other words be prepared to spend $10K to get a $500 item covered

4] And this is big. GE Capital has TEAMS of lawyers on retainer, and if you want to play they will keep you in court until your great grand kids collect

I don't know what credentials others that post in these types of threads have. Myself I have been a profession dealer mechanic for over 20 years, Spent several years as a shop owner, worked for a major manufacturer in tech services, spent 5 years as a Victory/Polaris Master Dealer mechanic, and am currently the service manager of a top 50 Polaris/Vic dealer. So I have better then a little idea of what I am talking about

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
He is not talking about the baffles in his exhaust. He is talking about the rubber strip in the front of the intake; that Vic installed for EPA compliance on intake noise. Removing the strip is good for several HP, and a bunch of torque. Peak numbers go up by like 3/9
Thx for sharing that info KevenX! I just dyno'd my Vision and got a chart of 116 HP and 115 ft/lbs T. Another few HP and ft/lbs sounds good. Any downside as far as you know?

Thx for your professional advice, much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Thx for sharing that info KevenX! I just dyno'd my Vision and got a chart of 116 HP and 115 ft/lbs T. Another few HP and ft/lbs sounds good. Any downside as far as you know?

Thx for your professional advice, much appreciated.
The rubber strip we are talking about is not found on the Vision. Sorry, no free power for you*LOL*

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
the rubber strip we are talking about is not found on the vision. Sorry, no free power for you*lol*
ratzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
First off.......The extended warrenty is NOT subject to the MM Act. It is a INSURANCE policy, and if you modify the bike with pretty much ANY non Vic part. They can cancel your policy. Read the contract. It is extremely rare for them to do so, but I have seen it happen on more then one ocasion.

Next up.....The stray pop and backfire is NOT a tuning issue. It happens because of the way Vic activates the Idle Air Control Valve. So unless you have modified the engine itself, or have some aftermarket pipes; a controller is a waste of money
Thx Kevin!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts