Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a used Power Commander V from the forums.
Trying to get everything together for an install. There’s one wire on the harness I don’t see mentioned in the instructions I downloaded. I’m assuming the wire with the ring terminal is the ground and the grey wire goes to the TPS. There is another wire with no connector, trying to figure out what that goes to. It's the second wire up on the harness.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Probably should have done this first..just got the velcro pulled back to see the PN...looks like it's showing for a Vision...and those instructions still don't show what that wire is for

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
The Auto Tune kit monitors the fuel mixture (by installing the included Wide Band O2 sensor in the exhaust). It then sends this information to the Power Commander V and automatically corrects it while you ride. Each map that we offer has preset Air/Fuel ratio values included that we find to be the best overall settings. This lets you simply plug in the unit and let it do the work. For Harley Davidson models we ever monitor and adjust each cylinder individually for increased precision as on these models required fueling can vary significantly between the front and rear cylinder. :rolleyes: ( did you get all the parts listed here in this paragraph? I think it is for the O2 sensor}cheers View attachment 9385

install instructions here.....http://www.powercommander.com/downloads/19-006/install/pcv/eng19-006.pdf also in the instructions it is talking about this////12 Locate the Throttle Position Sensor wiring harness on the left hand side of the
throttle bodies.
This is located behind the Ignition coil.
13 Crimp the supplied wire tap to the ORANGE wire. Plug the GREY wire from
the PCV to the wire tap (Fig. J)
It is recommended to use dielectric grease on these connections.
14 Reinstall the Ignition coil bracket.
FIG.J Wire tap

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
did you look at the download help for this? The wire is a splice in to the throttle position sensor, I think.. Is it GREY? instruction 12......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
did you look at the download help for this? The wire is a splice in to the throttle position sensor, I think.. Is it GREY? instruction 12......
Turns out its the crank position sensor. Sending back to DynoJet for repairs. Gotta get props to their customer service so far.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts