Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting my PCV today!!! I can't wait to remove the Cobra Power Tuner and finally be done with all the popping and backfiring!!! They even loaded a map based on my modificationsthumb up

I have used the Cobra on previous bikes with success, to bad it doesn't perform as designed for the CCT.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Good luck, easy install, took me about 45 minutes to install and about 20 to get a program in, im not very good with computers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
538 Posts
Hope it works better for you than the Cobra!
BTW, I still had some popping after my PCV and dyno, so don't be too disappointed if it's not perfect. I adjusted (richer) the 0% throttle position tables and it helped get it even closer to perfect.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hope it works better for you than the Cobra!
BTW, I still had some popping after my PCV and dyno, so don't be too disappointed if it's not perfect. I adjusted (richer) the 0% throttle position tables and it helped get it even closer to perfect.
It can't be as bad as the Cobra unit. Lol... I was popping between shifts as well. At least I can richen up the fuel, I tried that with the adjutable pot on the Cobra but it didn't work.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Some of your popping could be from being to rich, its not always from being lean.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
206 Posts
Ground it to the engine. They recommend to a bolt from the clutch cable mount right there on the back left.

If not you may end up cooking it like I did......

Mines still in power commander limbo at their business in Vegas

·
12,983 Posts
have you check your exhaust flange bolts. Tighten them up go for ride and re tighten when you get home. Might need to do it two or three times

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
have you check your exhaust flange bolts. Tighten them up go for ride and re tighten when you get home. Might need to do it two or three times
I did that in the beginning when i got the popping. I think it was the cobra power tuner. I just finished hooking up the pcv, gonna put the tank back on tomorrow and fire it up.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Hey Shipmate,
The Map where did you get it from Dyno Jet? If so you might be surprised that it doesn't work all that well. KMC and The Vic Shop have been tuning bikes for a long time and save their maps. after the initial run you might want to contact one of them and let them know what you have installed and have them send you a temp Map.

If nothing else PM me and I have a Map before cams I could send to you.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Next mod, a set of touring cams! it will be a religous expirence to ride after the install.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Shipmate,
The Map where did you get it from Dyno Jet? If so you might be surprised that it doesn't work all that well. KMC and The Vic Shop have been tuning bikes for a long time and save their maps. after the initial run you might want to contact one of them and let them know what you have installed and have them send you a temp Map.

If nothing else PM me and I have a Map before cams I could send to you.
Shipmate,

I got the map from Fuel Moto. When I purchased the unit they asked for my modifications and programmed the PCV for my bike. They will provide me custom maps upon request. I just go to their website and fill out the form with my modifications and they email it to me. They do this for customers who purchase the unit from them, they even give you an extra year warranty on the PCV. According to their website they have an extensive database of maps to chose from. I took the bike out today and Wow what a difference!! No popping and backfiring.. I should have purchased the PCV from the beginning.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Power commander makes a good product good to hear you're happy.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Shipmate,

I got the map from Fuel Moto. When I purchased the unit they asked for my modifications and programmed the PCV for my bike. They will provide me custom maps upon request. I just go to their website and fill out the form with my modifications and they email it to me. They do this for customers who purchase the unit from them, they even give you an extra year warranty on the PCV. According to their website they have an extensive database of maps to chose from. I took the bike out today and Wow what a difference!! No popping and backfiring.. I should have purchased the PCV from the beginning.
Great to hear the bike is run well. Next look look into some of Lloyds Cams... The touring cams will really wake up your ride. Need to get you TimsV92 and Mr Chips on a ride before Chips becomes a check of the month cluber.
cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
Does anyone have a map for D&D pipes and Lloyds air filter. I have the pipes on the way and have the map for the D&D pipes and stock air filter. I will be ordering the sir filter soon from the Witch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts