Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reviewing a couple of different sites, one thing I noticed was a lack of any pics that helped to clarify some of the procedures encountered while installing a PCV and / or AT.

With that in mind, I've put up a couple of pictures of my install before tidying up all of the wires. There are certainly different ways to route wires, and to place the units, but this will at least give you an idea.

First is the AT power lead. This is the wire which connects into the Harley specific connector which you must cut off and then insert into the pink wire. This is how I went about doing that.

And now a bit of a close up of the same connection. Positap could have also been used but I could not find one locally.

The key portion of the image here is the philips head screw. This is the negative wire from the AT. Has to go somewhere, so I put a terminal on the end and tapped a hole into the frame. A self tapping screw would have worked just as well thanks to the aluminum frame.

And finally, a shot under the left side panel which shows the mounting of both units. If I did it over, I would place the AT unit towards the front of the bike since the front injector harness is a bit on the tight side. Again, this is pre tidy it all up phase so I do have a bit of work to do with the wiring just to make myself feel better.

Hope these pictures help because I couldn't find anything to help me along when I was doing mine.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Thanks for the write up, pics and tips. Hope to be doing this myself next year. thumb up

·
13,038 Posts
So with the great photos you haven't said how the power or smoothness is

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from taking it on its 100 mile maiden voyage. Bike ran great. Very smooth, great power delivery, in other words, pretty much like stock but with a little more kick and definitely a throatier rumble. At speed, I didn't even notice the pipe noise though. Wish they were a bit louder to be honest. With time they should get a little louder though.

·
Registered
13 Posts
After reviewing a couple of different sites, one thing I noticed was a lack of any pics that helped to clarify some of the procedures encountered while installing a PCV and / or AT.

With that in mind, I've put up a couple of pictures of my install before tidying up all of the wires. There are certainly different ways to route wires, and to place the units, but this will at least give you an idea.

First is the AT power lead. This is the wire which connects into the Harley specific connector which you must cut off and then insert into the pink wire. This is how I went about doing that.

And now a bit of a close up of the same connection. Positap could have also been used but I could not find one locally.

The key portion of the image here is the philips head screw. This is the negative wire from the AT. Has to go somewhere, so I put a terminal on the end and tapped a hole into the frame. A self tapping screw would have worked just as well thanks to the aluminum frame.

And finally, a shot under the left side panel which shows the mounting of both units. If I did it over, I would place the AT unit towards the front of the bike since the front injector harness is a bit on the tight side. Again, this is pre tidy it all up phase so I do have a bit of work to do with the wiring just to make myself feel better.

Hope these pictures help because I couldn't find anything to help me along when I was doing mine.
Did you remove anyth

·
Registered
13 Posts

Did you remove anything to get to the injectors? I could barely get my hands in there to unplug the harness.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
What other mods have you done? Pipes? Air cleaner? O2 sensors?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Which download did you use? Do you have perf. cams?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would almost be willing to bet that I have bigger hands than you so I feel your pain about getting to the injectors. A hemostat was used. No idea how anyone could do it any other way.

I have D&D slip ones, removed the rubber strip from the airbox and use the performance air cleaner. No cams at this point but I installed the Auto Tune set up with that in mind for the future. At this point though, I don't see myself spending the extra $$. Bike runs fine with any other "like" bikes that my friends might be riding.

If I need more oomph, I'll more than likely head out and buy another ZX14. I'm really digging the 2012 model. My '07 is the only bike I have ever sold simply because it had a stupid amount of power....which I could not keep away from no matter how hard I tried. And this wasn't my first rodeo in regards to liter + bikes.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
VIC11C....no idea on the download. A local independent shop was going to use my bike to test out a dyno operator they were using to see what he could do with Vics. He bucked up for the controller but I know it was purchased through FuelMoto and it was one of their maps based on pipes, airstrip and air cleaner. Ran just fine, the dyno deal fell through so the AT was added for future upgrades....which will likely not happen.

·
Registered
554 Posts
billyrides how did you route the front o2 sensor wiring. I currently have it running behind the ignition and in between the cylinders to hide the huge plug under the front cover over the battery. Looking for a better routing.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
WilCon, good question. I don't really recall off hand and I'll be out of town for a week or so. Can't remember running anything between the cylinders though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts