Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm hoping someone has a setup close to mine that can help me out with a PCV map. Exhaust is already installed with the "performance air filter" and everything else is getting installed this weekend. Here is the list: 2015 Gunner with Victory stage 1 exhaust and Stage 1 ECU update installed; in a couple days; PCV, Lloyds ATS, Lloyds Torque Tubes w IAV. I have been looking around Tucson, AZ for a local tuner / Dyno so I could avoid having to go the Power Commander Auto Tune route and get it dialed in by a pro, but my options seem pretty limited in my area. I wanted to get some advice from you all before I went ahead and ordered the auto tune.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
You should have stayed away from the stage 1 so called update if you were planning on the PCV...

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
What does "" Stage 1 ECU update installed; "" means?

Does that mean "flashed" by Lloyds ?

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
OK I googled motorcycle dyno in Tucson AZ and look what came up!
Arizona Victory
http://www.arizonavictory.com/service_request.asp
If I was you Id get a decent exhaust too as I hear the so called Stage One pipes arent much chop...and yeah you blew your dough on the flash too seeing as how youre getting a PCV
We live and learn

Evan Steel looks like he has a good rep. too

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
I still don't get it, vic dealers can flash too ?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
It's called a "stage 1 flash" from the dealer, really it's just some changes to the mapping and maybe a bit of timing advance. It still has to pass the EPA testing so it's still garbage....

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I still don't get it, vic dealers can flash too ?
If you click on the link youll see Arizona Victory do dyno-tuning, theyre authorised Dynojet
OP said he had trouble finding Dyno in Tucson AZ
I just googled and a few came up

and yeah dealer flashs may be ok for the non-hi-performance Vic pipes but not for anything decent...or indecent:D

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info on the Dyno in Tucson. I still have to install the torque tubes tomorrow. I'll give Arizona Victory a call tomorrow and get an appointment to get the bike on the Dyno.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Have fun with the TT install, it's pretty straight forward. Just cutting up the stock air box is kinda a pita...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I called Mike at Arizona Victory about setting up an appointment to get my bike on the Dyno and after explaining what I have done so far and that I have only have 500 miles on the bike, he recommended that I hold off Dynoing and installing the Torque Tubes until I finish breaking in the motor. He was willing to do the Dyno now, but said I would need to get it done again after the motor was completely broken in. So I'm going to follow his advice and run my current setup until I have 1,000-2,000 miles and get it done right the first time. I'm still looking for someone that has a better map than the one I got off the Dynojet website. The bike is running fine with the 003 map : 106 motor with victory straights and performance air filter. I have the Lloydz Timing System at +4 with no timing in PCV at all. If anybody has a better map I would love to try it out.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
I called Mike at Arizona Victory about setting up an appointment to get my bike on the Dyno and after explaining what I have done so far and that I have only have 500 miles on the bike, he recommended that I hold off Dynoing and installing the Torque Tubes until I finish breaking in the motor. He was willing to do the Dyno now, but said I would need to get it done again after the motor was completely broken in. So I'm going to follow his advice and run my current setup until I have 1,000-2,000 miles and get it done right the first time. I'm still looking for someone that has a better map than the one I got off the Dynojet website. The bike is running fine with the 003 map : 106 motor with victory straights and performance air filter. I have the Lloydz Timing System at +4 with no timing in PCV at all. If anybody has a better map I would love to try it out.
You say the bikes "running fine" as it is...
why mess with it then ?...my advice is get out there and rack up some miles, get her fully broken in then get your dynotune.

·
12,983 Posts
good dealer telling you to wait. Most do it to soon like changing brands of oil before the motor is broke in. 2500 miles is not that far away

1 - 13 of 13 Posts