Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If someone sends a map to me for my PC-V how hard is it to load to my Power Commander? Also I got a code to bump my rev limiter from 5,500 to 6,000 RPM is that easy too?
I've never hooked our laptop up to my bike.

Thanks in advance....

·
Registered
445 Posts
Easy as. Load the Power Commander software on your lappy, then use the cable that came with your PCV to connect to the PCV. No need for you to have the bike running or anything. Laptop powers the whole activity.

As we say in Australia.. it's a piece of piss.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I haven't loaded any different maps, but the rev limiter bump took me no more than five minutes and I love it.

Bumped mine to 6400, but at six grand it's no longer making power so I've never hit the 6400.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I appreciate the tips, I know we're doing nothing more above 5500-6000

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
you have cams and a map from kevin, you shouldnt need another map. and with cams you are still making hp at 6,000

·
Registered
61 Posts
I haven't loaded any different maps, but the rev limiter bump took me no more than five minutes and I love it.

Bumped mine to 6400, but at six grand it's no longer making power so I've never hit the 6400.
How are you bumping your rev limiter, I would like to bump my first gear limit it sucks. Have PCV and tuner.

·
Registered
10 Posts
How are you bumping your rev limiter, I would like to bump my first gear limit it sucks. Have PCV and tuner.
You have to call dyno jet. They will email you a code. Then you plug your computer in to your PCV, enter the code while on their site, click on bump rev limiter and you are done.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

did you give it the first 500 bump that the pcv can do?

·
Registered
477 Posts
PCV rev extend lets it go to 6200 & if you have cams you should be pulling hard all the way against that, mine does. I really would like to get the extra rev bump because I think I can use it. Either way, if KevinX has given you a map, you'd Prolly best leave it be. In a nutshell, if Kevin, Rylan, Kyle or Lloyd hook you up, leave it till you can hit a dyno.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
PCV rev extend lets it go to 6200 & if you have cams you should be pulling hard all the way against that, mine does. I really would like to get the extra rev bump because I think I can use it. Either way, if KevinX has given you a map, you'd Prolly best leave it be. In a nutshell, if Kevin, Rylan, Kyle or Lloyd hook you up, leave it till you can hit a dyno.

pcv adds 500 to your redline

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
PC5 will give you a 500 RPM bump and you can send your engine code and PC serial# toDynojet for another 500, that will get you a jump from 5,000 to 6,000 RPM.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
they ask how high you want to go, i went to 6500

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
6,500? Stock tach? how did you know when to shift?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
6,500? Stock tach? how did you know when to shift?

yes stock tach, the few times ive been up that high i wait till it feels like it quits pulling and shift

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe it...In 1st gear I'm at 6K in no time at all, it's kinda scarycheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts