Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently installed PCV and map from Fuel Moto and I am getting some popping when shifting in lower gears and when starting the bike. I have Arlen Ness Big Honkers, Timing Wheel +5 and Lloyds air intake. I was wondering who has the same or similar setup and could send me a map.
I got a map from Rob (Squatch) and want another just to try and get it as close to perfection as possible. I plan to have it dyno tuned next month.

Thanks,

Mike

send the maps to: [email protected]

·
Registered
931 Posts
I think we all get popping here and there. I'm running vcf3 iav and running wheel at +4. If shift early I sometimes get it

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
12,984 Posts
I recently installed PCV and map from Fuel Moto and I am getting some popping when shifting in lower gears and when starting the bike. I have Arlen Ness Big Honkers, Timing Wheel +5 and Lloyds air intake. I was wondering who has the same or similar setup and could send me a map.
I got a map from Rob (Squatch) and want another just to try and get it as close to perfection as possible. I plan to have it dyno tuned next month.

Thanks,

Mike

write Rylan at The Vic Shop. Tell him every detail so he can give you a good map
http://thevicshop.com/Contact.html

·
Registered
34 Posts
pvc and maps

Thanks,

Mike

just a little though here . the popping is unspent fuel being off in the exhaust . perhaps you can lean out the mid range with an after market fuel control unit ?
regards,
greg

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
just a little though here . the popping is unspent fuel being off in the exhaust . perhaps you can lean out the mid range with an after market fuel control unit ?
regards,
greg
Did you read his post? He does have an aftermarket fuel controller. My stock bike popped alot when I first put on the WD baffled slipons but now about a year later the popping has calmed down. Don't know if my bikes simple computer compensated some how or I have slowly changed my shifting habbits.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The map I recieved from Rylan helped a lot. It will hold me until I can get it dynoed.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts

Thanks,

Mike

Mine cracks occasionally starting, and bangs sometimes on upshifts in the lower gears, .kinda like it actually, fellow that dynod it said he could add a bit more fuel here and there if I wanted.
Ill wait a little more as its not really a problem and a modified bike should sound a bit rorty anyway I reckon.
If I end up getting TTs and/or cams then she'll need another tickle up an the dyno anyway.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Got out for a ride on Sunday , and Monday ... Couple pics of my steed from Monday .....

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
:ltr::ltr::ltr: BigMike , I just realized I posted my pics in the wrong thread , guess that's what happens when you have too many Vic forum windows open ... Sorry for the hijack , it was un-intentional ... I cant believe I did that , LOL . cheers

·
Registered
282 Posts
:ltr::ltr::ltr: BigMike , I just realized I posted my pics in the wrong thread , guess that's what happens when you have too many Vic forum windows open ... Sorry for the hijack , it was un-intentional ... I cant believe I did that , LOL . cheers

Well it was good you posted those pictures.
Mighty fine looking bike.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thank you ! It even runs great after a long hibernation . cheers

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Yeah Real Good!...hows it sound?
The RPW's sound great , and they do not scrape , that's the best part . No popping or backfiring at all either , couldn't be happier about that .thumb up

·
Premium Member
78 Posts
A lot of Ladies look good from that back.. let's get a frontal shot of your baby as well!!

PS.. she does look good!

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thank you , I will do that !

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
No worries... I understand.. Lol... nice bike though..

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thank you BigMike , I appreciate that . Got a lot of love and money into it so far , with a long way to go !thumb up

1 - 18 of 18 Posts