Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I have a 2012 106 and I have loyd high torque tubes and idle throttle valve bassani turn out exhaust, msd ignition, PCV with PC auto tune, I just got loyd cams and adjustable timing gear. I'm running the map from power commander for the bassani turn outs. but with me putting the cams in I'm wondering if any of the maps they have will work. any input is helpful :ride::ride::ride:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
look for a map here. The auto tune is only good for 6 runs then you should look at info and readjust the pcv

Power Commander Maps - The Vic Shop
the auto tuner helps me out cause there is no place where I'm at that does victory performance anymore. I'm waiting till they hold dyno day again loyds will be here so ill have them do it I just want to make sure it will run after I put the cams in thanks for the website info thank youthumb upthumb upthumb up

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
the auto tuner helps me out cause there is no place where I'm at that does victory performance anymore. I'm waiting till they hold dyno day again loyds will be here so ill have them do it I just want to make sure it will run after I put the cams in thanks for the website info thank youthumb upthumb upthumb up
Your bike should really boot, scoot, and boogie with everything you have upgraded. Just so you know, the MSD coils don't really give you any benefit unless you happen to be running too rich, then they will help the plugs burn the excess fuel better and help keep the plugs from fouling. On a Victory they are more of a looks item than a performance item. They do look damn cool!

Those PC-V tunes VJ linked to might put you close enough to a perfect tune, especially with your Auto Tune, to not need a dyno tune. It depends on if you want squeeze every last little bit of power out of the engine with those mods and leave nothing on the table. Normally this would be what racers, particularly quarter mile racers, would do.

For everyday street riding; it really isn't necessary to get it to that level. As always it's up to the owner though... some of us are a little more OCD than others.

·
Registered
4,069 Posts
I'm going to add that when I first installed my cams I ran a borrowed map from a buddy with a very similar setup.....This map was built for his XC by Lloyd on his dyno....In my bike it wasn't so good, I had a lot of flat spotting and it was making more heat. Once I got it to my dyno guy, we found it was running my engine super lean in some areas and there was a ton of timing advance that was robbing power. After I got tuned mine ran in a world of difference.
My point is, no matter what mapping you start with....make sure you do something to tailor the map to your bike, auto or dyno turning.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so I got the msd cause 1 I know its a better ign system and 2 it pops out its the first thing people notice and it looks good.

and I plan on getting it dyno cause the last vic dealer here in md loyds comes down once a year and does a dyno event. so I want to get it all done before them come and I don't want the bike to sit I'm trying to work with a couple different places to get it mapped. I can send all the info from the auto tuner and map it that way and make changes. but I know I wont get real results until I get it on a dyo but closest place is loyds in newyork.

·
Premium Member
8,793 Posts
A good pro tune is a good pro tune regardless of the bikes uses street or strip.
A good tune runs sweet on the street, and also just as sweet on the track.
No difference in the tune.
Theres tuners and dyno operators.
A good tuner gained me ten horses over what the previous dyno operator had my bike pegged at.
Just by meticulous attention to getting everything right.

·
13,003 Posts
Dieseltmc

post a couple photos of your bike please. Where do you live any how

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Dieseltmc

post a couple photos of your bike please. Where do you live any how
Maryland and I had some up in my garage but I don't know where they went ill post some after I get the goodies on her:devil:devil

1 - 11 of 11 Posts