Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help please! Have a new 2013 XC which I just put my first 1000 miles on. Going to take to dealer for my first 1000 mile service and oil change and check out. (I will do all service and changes after that!). I have my new PCV with a map I got from Fuelmoto along with a new Lloydz filter. I have installed his filters before on my old 2012 XR along with a Cobra tuner. Bike ran good but had great luck in the past with PCV on my 09 HD. Question is do I really need the autotune? I did not buy with the PCV but really don't want to go down the popping exhaust road like I did on the XR. I have a set of Witchdoc's modified pipes on it which I love. Can I just use the PCV and adjust out the popping (haven't ever messed with the tables myself...just called Fuelmoto for better maps on the HD) or am I better off with the autotune? will it eliminate the popping by itself automatically?
Thanks in theadvance for the help!

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you dont plan to take it to a dyno and have it tuned i would recommend the AT. I used a map from Fuel moto for about a week and had nothing but problems. Stalling, popping, slow throttle response, it just wasnt right. Emailed them and told them the issues and they sent me a new map. It didnt run any better. If you look at the fuel tables that fuel moto sends they are the same for both cylinders. Ive never seen a good map run the same exact tune front and rear cylinders before. Called Rylan Vos and sent him the map i was using and he said the map was 99% of my problems. He sent me a map to get me through till i got my bike to him to do the cam swap. The map he sent me was a night and day difference from what fuel moto sent me.
The fuel moto map had 10* timing put in on the 0% throttle from 500 rpm all the way to redline. Not sure if this is why it ran like crap but i can tell you i had it stall on me a few times out of the blue and it would hiccup back through the intake.
If you dont plan on a dyno tune then yes i would recommend the AT. Most people just put in 13.5 in all the fuel cells and have great results. If your fuel moto map is crap like mine was let me know and i can email you a much better map that Rylan sent me.
Good luck!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you dont plan to take it to a dyno and have it tuned i would recommend the AT. I used a map from Fuel moto for about a week and had nothing but problems. Stalling, popping, slow throttle response, it just wasnt right. Emailed them and told them the issues and they sent me a new map. It didnt run any better. If you look at the fuel tables that fuel moto sends they are the same for both cylinders. Ive never seen a good map run the same exact tune front and rear cylinders before. Called Rylan Vos and sent him the map i was using and he said the map was 99% of my problems. He sent me a map to get me through till i got my bike to him to do the cam swap. The map he sent me was a night and day difference from what fuel moto sent me.
The fuel moto map had 10* timing put in on the 0% throttle from 500 rpm all the way to redline. Not sure if this is why it ran like crap but i can tell you i had it stall on me a few times out of the blue and it would hiccup back through the intake.
If you dont plan on a dyno tune then yes i would recommend the AT. Most people just put in 13.5 in all the fuel cells and have great results. If your fuel moto map is crap like mine was let me know and i can email you a much better map that Rylan sent me.
Good luck!
thanks for the help. now i need to see who has it the cheapest...also, do the sensors screw into the stock bungs???
thx again!

·
Registered
136 Posts
thanks for the help. now i need to see who has it the cheapest...also, do the sensors screw into the stock bungs???
thx again!
www.discountmotodirect.com cheapest you will find it with free shipping.
Yes they screw right into the stock bungs. Let me know if you need a map. I have one that will get you set pretty close and then your AT willl fine tune it.

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Sorry again, looks like thats for the PCV its self. The AT is 309. So looks like its the same as Dennis kirk as long as they have free shipping on it as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
www.discountmotodirect.com cheapest you will find it with free shipping.
Yes they screw right into the stock bungs. Let me know if you need a map. I have one that will get you set pretty close and then your AT willl fine tune it.
thanks for all the help. are you running the switch to flip back/forth on maps?

·
Registered
136 Posts
thanks for all the help. are you running the switch to flip back/forth on maps?
Nope, I thought about putting the switch on and having Rylan make me a map for full HP and TQ and then a map that would get the best fuel mileage and switch between the two but i have been told there wouldnt be a real big difference in the maps cause once the AFR is set then your already gonna get the best power and mileage you can. So i didnt see a need for the switch.

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Nope, I thought about putting the switch on and having Rylan make me a map for full HP and TQ and then a map that would get the best fuel mileage and switch between the two but i have been told there wouldnt be a real big difference in the maps cause once the AFR is set then your already gonna get the best power and mileage you can. So i didnt see a need for the switch.
Any map that provides the best power, is also going to provide good economy. No need for a switch.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Question regarding the AT - so does it adjust all the time as you're riding or do you run it for a period of time until it figures out your riding style and condition?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Question regarding the AT - so does it adjust all the time as you're riding or do you run it for a period of time until it figures out your riding style and condition?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Short answer, it tunes on the fly, all the time.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Short answer, it tunes on the fly, all the time.
Got it. Thanks.

Follow-up question for those with the AT's - if you have a good map from a dyno run, does the AT add anything or is this in the event you want to make further modifications without needing to re-dyno the bike?

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Got it. Thanks.

Follow-up question for those with the AT's - if you have a good map from a dyno run, does the AT add anything or is this in the event you want to make further modifications without needing to re-dyno the bike?
Dyno tunes are great starting points for fixed amount of tested throttle / load / speed conditions. But, in the 2-3 hours you spend there, there's no way to cover every possible scenario, elevation or temp. The AT does this, on the fly, by constantly maintaining the prescribed air / fuel ratios that one sets in their target maps. A dyno session isn't ever required when using the AT.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thanks, Gunslinger. One more item to add to the wish list then.:)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Question for those of you running your a/ts with the a/f in the mid 13s, what gas do you run? Do you run gas with or without ethanol?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
632 Posts
Question for those of you running your a/ts with the a/f in the mid 13s, what gas do you run? Do you run gas with or without ethanol?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I use both 10% ethanol along with 100% gas. 91 octane is all we can get around here. The richest AFR I have set on my AT is 13.5 and that's only in the 100% column above 3500rpm. Everything else is in the 13.8 - 14 range. Most folks just run the canned FuelMoto maps, which are way too rich.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts