Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many of you are subtracting timing with your pcv ? is it working correctly? im going back to. 8 on my wheel and plan to take 1-2 degrees out with pcv at about 60% throttle and 2750 rpms. i was getting a ping at that point at 8, so i dropped back to 6, but did notice a drop in low end at 6 vs 8.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
12,970 Posts
How can you judge +8 or +6 by the seat of your pants.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i can feel a loss at low rpms, throttle response, slow turns etc are better at 8 then 6. i ran it at 8 for all last summer and a little this spring, dropped to 6 and could tell right away.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Cheese and crackers. Mine would not even run without pining at 4. I have no idea how you can run 6 or 8. Rylan set it at 2 when he done the cams and tuned it. I still can only run 91 or higher octane.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what bike do you have ? and cams may effect it also. the cross bikes seem to be able to take more timing then the others.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a Vision with the stage 1 download. I think the stage 1 might add more timing. I thought maybe when the PCV and cams were installed he would raise the timing up to 4 before he tuned it. I told him I ride to Florida twice a year . I already had problems with pining at sea level so he left it at 2 to be safe.

·
Registered
372 Posts
how many of you are subtracting timing with your pcv ? is it working correctly? im going back to. 8 on my wheel and plan to take 1-2 degrees out with pcv at about 60% throttle and 2750 rpms. i was getting a ping at that point at 8, so i dropped back to 6, but did notice a drop in low end at 6 vs 8.

I just received my my Lloydz timing wheel and there is a "caution" informing the using to be aware of the total timing when using a PCV & Timing wheel. My question is will this apply to me, I have the Victory stage 1 set-up, victory tri-ovals, filter & map or recalibration ? I know I don't have the pcv but I'm thinking the recal that was done might serve the same purpose as the pcv in regards to the setting?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
put it in at 4 like it comes and go from there, stage one tune may advance the timing so start with 4. the deal with pcv and wheel is the pcv can add or subract timing. so if someone has a pcv and has timing added and adds the wheel they need to be aware of where there timing will be. timing wheel adds timing from idle to full throttle, pcv adds timing from 2500 up.

·
12,970 Posts
I just received my my Lloydz timing wheel and there is a "caution" informing the using to be aware of the total timing when using a PCV & Timing wheel. My question is will this apply to me, I have the Victory stage 1 set-up, victory tri-ovals, filter & map or recalibration ? I know I don't have the pcv but I'm thinking the recal that was done might serve the same purpose as the pcv in regards to the setting?
What do you mean "recall" the motors that Vic had to fix had nothing to do with any fuel or performance.

Stage 1 will add about 2 degrees to timing and make it richer by 1/10 of percent.
So start out at +4 and see what you feel keep track of your mileage using your phone to do the math. The gauge will only give you estimated mileage

·
Registered
372 Posts
What do you mean "recall" the motors that Vic had to fix had nothing to do with any fuel or performance.

Stage 1 will add about 2 degrees to timing and make it richer by 1/10 of percent.
So start out at +4 and see what you feel keep track of your mileage using your phone to do the math. The gauge will only give you estimated mileage
"recall" = recalibration. That's my attempt at using short hand typing.

·
Premium Member
547 Posts

Where did these numbers come from? I can see the fuel AFR being measured by a sniffer, but timing I can't. For the longest while I can remember people speculating and guessing about exactly what the Vic stage one did, but no definitive answers.

·
12,970 Posts
write Vic and they will tell you hooking up the digital wrench and doing the down load they can change the RPM a long with the fuel

·
Premium Member
547 Posts
write Vic and they will tell you hooking up the digital wrench and doing the down load they can change the RPM a long with the fuel
I understand that the stage one download is completed by Vic and does "something". What I asked and am assuming from your response is that you wrote to Polaris/Victory Corporate and they told you that the stage one advances timing by 2* and adds 10% more fuel.

Correct me if I am totally off base with what I interpreted from your writings is wrong and not what you meant.

Even the 10% figure seems a bit suspect. If a Vic is running 14:1 and then gets a stage one download it would then be running 12.6:1 with 2* more advance. That seems super rich, if my math is wrong let me know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts