Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am ready to purchase either the Cobra Auto-Tune or the PCV with Auto-Tune. Both will be available sometime later this summer for my 06 Ness Jackpot. I am looking for input and opinions on which may be better....the Cobra is cheaper but the PCV allows MAPs where the Cobra does not. Not sure you would want or need MAPs with Auto-Tune.

Thoughts????

A budy of mine just put the Cobra on his 2010 113 C.I. Yamaha Raider and LOVES IT. Only problem is he is going to have to replace the rear tire much more often than pre-Cobra.

Thanks everyone!

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
I was looking at the Cobra Fuel Controllers w/AT about a year ago and gave them a call to see when one might be available for Vic's because the way they work is basically hands off once installed; right?

Anyway; they said if they do start making them for Victory's; they would only be available through Victory because of a contract they have with each other. If you haven't noticed; Cobra makes all the Victory brand exhaust systems for Victory.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I really think it boils down to how much do you like to tinker with things? Fuel management is always a balance between power and fuel economy. Maps give you the ability to precisely target areas where you want to improve performance and where you want to improve mileage. Without maps you get whatever power/mileage philosophy was engineered into the unit...and that may be sufficient for you.

Here's the way I look at it. Not everyone's riding situation is the same. Some people ride in flat areas, some people ride in hilly or mountainous areas. Some people ride predominantly on surface streets at 50 mph or less, some almost always are riding on freeways. So it makes sense that you might want to tailor your performance to your situation. The thing I like about the Cobra design from what I understand is it's adaptive as opposed to other non-map systems in which you have a few settings you can change. However, without maps you can never actually see the adjustments or trims your bike is making. Sometimes that can be useful if you are of a "tinkering" mindset like me.

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
The PC-V allows for timing and rev limit changes...
If it were me, and it's not, I would get the PC-V and spend the auto-tune money on a good dyno tune.

·
Registered
22 Posts
pcv versas cobra

Pretty sure you cant get Pcv witn Autotune for a 2006 Victory you can get a PC111 which is just as good but does not have ability to add autotune or alter ignition if you wanted too. But once you have a suitable map for your bike most times will run fine or have it dynotuned for you bike, which will get the most out of it...Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts