Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was hoping those of you that have the PCV w/ AT on your Cross Bikes (preferably having aftermarket exhaust and cams) would share your maps with us so that we can have a decent base to start out with in getting ours dialed in. Much appreciated! cheers

(Thanx BBob for the one you shared)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Since all the engines are the same (Freedom 106's), why would the x-bike maps be any different? I admit I started out with the base map from the 2008 hammer rather than the 2011 Freedom 106 map based on recommendations from Dynojet. But I would think any map developed for a Freedom 106 bike would be useful as a basis even if it didn't come specifically off of an x bike.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The reasoning behind using X-Bikes as a standard was because there are only a handful of aftermarket exhausts, cams or no cams, and either PCV w/ AT or not. Just narrowing down things a tad, but appreciate your input :)

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks WilCon76, hoping to see if someone might share a map that has the VM1-DR cams as well.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Was hoping those of you that have the PCV w/ AT on your Cross Bikes (preferably having aftermarket exhaust and cams) would share your maps with us so that we can have a decent base to start out with in getting ours dialed in. Much appreciated! cheers

(Thanx BBob for the one you shared)
Thanks WilCon76, hoping to see if someone might share a map that has the VM1-DR cams as well.
You want people who might have paid $250+ to have their bikes dyno tuned to share their MAPs with you for free?

Or do you just want MAPs that people have done themselves playing around with their PC5 on the street?

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You want people who might have paid $250+ to have their bikes dyno tuned to share their MAPs with you for free?

Or do you just want MAPs that people have done themselves playing around with their PC5 on the street?
Kind of a snotty reply - I thought this forum was about sharing expertise, information, and a kinship of sorts between owners. Why should it bother you if I ask? I'm on disability and do not have the resources - namely boatloads of cash to have all the things done that I would like, so if that satisfies you, that's why I'm asking! Geez......

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I'm on disability and do not have the resources - namely boatloads of cash to have all the things done that I would like, so if that satisfies you, that's why I'm asking! Geez......
In your particular situation, I can totally understand. I read your post, saw your modification list, and figured you easily had money for tuning. No harm intended. It is a tough economy and shops (like Lloydz) would definitely appreciate the business nowadays.

·
Premium Member
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've bought many things that came from Lloydz, but only as $$$ would allow, and yes, I believe in supporting the vendors as well. We'll just call this a case of mutual miscommunication :)

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
I understand the purpose is to maintain optimum air fuel ratio through the entire operating range, but what do the numbers in the map represent?

·
Registered
263 Posts
I understand the purpose is to maintain optimum air fuel ratio through the entire operating range, but what do the numbers in the map represent?
It depends on which map you're talking about. The ignition map numbers represent how far to advance the ignition timing. The fuel map numbers represent, on a percentage basis, how much more (positive number) or less (negative number) fuel should be adjusted to achieve the air to fuel ratios in the target AFR map. If Autotune is turned on the Trim map shows the adjustments AT is making to the fuel maps to achieve the target AFR. When you apply the Trims, it adjusts the numbers in the fuel maps and clears the trim maps.

Hope that makes sense. :crzy: It's early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee yet....

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
It depends on which map you're talking about. The ignition map numbers represent how far to advance the ignition timing. The fuel map numbers represent, on a percentage basis, how much more (positive number) or less (negative number) fuel should be adjusted to achieve the air to fuel ratios in the target AFR map. If Autotune is turned on the Trim map shows the adjustments AT is making to the fuel maps to achieve the target AFR. When you apply the Trims, it adjusts the numbers in the fuel maps and clears the trim maps.

Hope that makes sense. :crzy: It's early in the morning and I haven't had my coffee yet....
Thank you. That's what I understood, but wasn't convinced I had it right...on the AFRs.
Now on the ignition timing, the AT also modifies that?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Thank you. That's what I understood, but wasn't convinced I had it right...on the AFRs.
Now on the ignition timing, the AT also modifies that?
No. The AT only trims the fuel to constantly match the AFR's. The ignition timing is purely a hand-modified map. Most people, including myself, never really have much need to modify this map unless they've added some pretty aggressive performance options like performance cams.

·
Premium Member
2,390 Posts
No. The AT only trims the fuel to constantly match the AFR's. The ignition timing is purely a hand-modified map. Most people, including myself, never really have much need to modify this map unless they've added some pretty aggressive performance options like performance cams.

Thanks. I expect to get an AT as soon as the warantee runs out.

·
Registered
442 Posts

I would be willing to do either... not sure if there is a transferrable value as a consumer, even if you're talking about a professionally tuned map.

If I were a dealer, I would agree with you...

·
Registered
442 Posts
Since all the engines are the same (Freedom 106's), why would the x-bike maps be any different? I admit I started out with the base map from the 2008 hammer rather than the 2011 Freedom 106 map based on recommendations from Dynojet. But I would think any map developed for a Freedom 106 bike would be useful as a basis even if it didn't come specifically off of an x bike.
But don't the X bikes use different cams than those in the "cruiser" freedom 106 engines?

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
I would be willing to do either... not sure if there is a transferrable value as a consumer, even if you're talking about a professionally tuned map.

If I were a dealer, I would agree with you...
My bike was done by a shop that DynoJet has requested they share some MAPs they've done. DynoJet wasn't willing to give any deals for the requested MAPs. My tuner asked if I'd let them have a copy of my MAP I have $275 and 20 pulls invested in. I told him to tell them to get bent. thumb up We looked at DynoJet's website and they didn't have any MAPs that were worth even trying first. We built my MAP from the ground up. Now if they want my MAP to share with other customers paying for their products, I'd be willing to work a deal for one of these http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/products/quickshifter/powercommander_quick_shifter.aspx

Now in the case of the original poster, I'd have no problem helping him with his circumstances. DynoJet just kind of rubs me the wrong way by charging for the PC and then asking the tuners to share their customers MAPs they had to pay to have done.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Ah, with that explanation I get where you're coming from now and would feel the same way about the manufacturer.

What I thought you were saying is "I paid for this map, so why would I share with a fellow rider who didn't?" I see now that isn't at all what you meant.

·
Premium Member
13,412 Posts
The Auto Tune part of the PCV w/AT went out on mine yesterday. Rollin' down the Interstate at 80 mph as usual and it starts sputtering and dies. So I roll to side of the highway and go straight for the Power Commander and pull the Auto Tune plug. Starts right up and away I go for a few miles until it does it again. Jiggle some wires and it starts right up. Now I'm kinda worried I'm gonna be late for an appointment I have that's still 100 miles away but it gets me there early enough to find some loose wires at the PC module. Either those set screws that hold the bank of wires in place came loose on their own or they weren't screwed down properly to start with. (I had the units installed at a shop)

I think Cool! Found the problem and fixed it. Hook the AT back up and went in for my appt. Afterward, I hit the road to come back the 200 miles to get home, and it 5 or 6 miles it starts the sputtering and dies again. Ok, this is getting old now I'm thinking, and pull the AT plug again. This time it gets me home with a few little sputters that are related to me going too lean on the tune and not the PCV's fault. So I guess a call to Fuelmotousa on Monday is in order. I'm lucky enough to be a good enough wrench to figure a lot of issues like this out but someone who isn't would be looking for a tow truck and missing a very important appt.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts