Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gang I know I have posted questions about PCV and auto tune and I am just about ready to pull the trigger on getting this. I have heard some pros and some cons about the auto tune. What's everyone's opinion. It is not practical for me to travel to get it dynoed, or I would .
Jim

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Autotune works fine .... there is NO dyno here

But compare the cost I would suggest, how much does the trip cost for you to Dyno and back ?
And how much does the AutoTune cost ??

You still need a good basemap that is NOT from PCV website

·
Super Moderator
6,374 Posts
I am saving money for a new tuner myself but now I am going back and forth between a PCV and AFR+. I'm a tinkerer and I know that I would have to have the bike dynoed everytime I change something if I have a PCV.

The autotune module is about $300US

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I am saving money for a new tuner myself but now I am going back and forth between a PCV and AFR+. I'm a tinkerer and I know that I would have to have the bike dynoed everytime I change something if I have a PCV.

The autotune module is about $300US
Everyone that buys something other then a PCV always seems to end up with one in the end , do it right the second time broggy .thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
13,177 Posts
I don't understand why you can't take a ride and get a dyno tune. In the long run you would be better off

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Why ask opinions if you've made up your mind?
Cant beat PCV and a pro-tune........Set and forget:)

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
nice thing about auto tune like broggy said, you can add or change stuff and just auto tune and accept trims. i added cams, accepted trims and away i go, still constantly tweaking, just because at times.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I like the auto tune. I have no surging, no popping, runs super strong and crisp. Now when I add my cams later, I can download a new basemap with cams and auto tune again to perfection. If I get some new slip ons or go to a 2-1 I'm just an auto tune(s) away.

Went on a trip with some buddies to South Lake Tahoe last week and let the auto tune set me up for the higher elevations...Dyno can't do that...just sayin

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Wouldn't it be better for you guys to set your maps to 0 and start from scratch ? doesn't the auto tune start building the maps immediately ? Just accept your trims more frequently , or broaden the range more then 20% to start . If I had the auto tune I would get out on the highway and make runs like they do on the dyno , and some blasts to WOT so every cell will be perfectly tuned . Its just so hard to tell what AFR's are providing you the most power at any given RPM or throttle opening without a dyno , sure , your bike may be running great , but again ,are you making the most power or leaving a lot on the table ....

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well my issue has more to do with time not money. Plus if I change something at home I have to ride a long way to get it re- dynoed. If I lived near one I would do it. But....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Well my issue has more to do with time not money. Plus if I change something at home I have to ride a long way to get it re- dynoed. If I lived near one I would do it. But....
My above statement was not directed at you Jim , more for the guys already using the AT . Start with a Lloyds filter on top of what you already have , let me know , I will take care of you on the mapping end , you can always add the AT when you are good and ready .thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
i started with a good af map and auto tuned from there, never zerod my map though. and yes it takes time to hit each cell, i know i still have work to do on mine for some cells, but for most of my riding the cells are hit. i have my throttle marked for positions, so i can watch that and try to hit different rpms. right now im tweaking my cruising range, i have 6 cells in each cylinder map that im tweaking

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
I like the auto tune. I have no surging, no popping, runs super strong and crisp. Now when I add my cams later, I can download a new basemap with cams and auto tune again to perfection. If I get some new slip ons or go to a 2-1 I'm just an auto tune(s) away.

Went on a trip with some buddies to South Lake Tahoe last week and let the auto tune set me up for the higher elevations...Dyno can't do that...just sayin
Care to post up a good pic of your AFR table?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts