Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering PCV with Auto tune ( mainly because I dont have time to find and go to a good tuner). With that said, i just called the dealer tro see what they would charge me to install the two......
well the service guy told me the the Dual band O2 Sensors for the Autotune will NOT fit the location where the stock O2 sensors came from and that they have to take the exhaust off and rework to get them to fit ??? does this sound like bullshit to you guys ?

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I am considering PCV with Auto tune ( mainly because I dont have time to find and go to a good tuner). With that said, i just called the dealer tro see what they would charge me to install the two......
well the service guy told me the the Dual band O2 Sensors for the Autotune will NOT fit the location where the stock O2 sensors came from and that they have to take the exhaust off and rework to get them to fit ??? does this sound like bullshit to you guys ?
Without knowing anything about this other than what I have read here, I don't remember seeing anything in regard to this so I'd be wary.

Take it for what it's worth.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Without knowing anything about this other than what I have read here, I don't remember seeing anything in regard to this so I'd be wary.

Take it for what it's worth.
well its not like i was going to take it to them... but i have not heard at all about the dual band sensors not fitting on my CCT

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
I have a PC5 & Autotune on my 14 XC and had this setup on my 11 XR too. It fit both of them with no problem. So yes, they will bolt right in, unless they changed the O2 sensors that came with the Auto-tune.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I know you have a 2013, but someone mentioned in another post that they pulled the O2's out of their 2016 and they got an error light. I have a 2012 XR and pulled and plugged the sensors with no issue...Maybe he is thinking of a 2016 and maybe they have changed the type of sensor and they no longer fit the wide-band AutoTune ones??

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
I have a 2013 and I pulled my O2's with no issue. Ironically, the only time I got an error light was trying to hook them up to that Cobra PowrPro controller I had. If I left them out of the loop, fine.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know you have a 2013, but someone mentioned in another post that they pulled the O2's out of their 2016 and they got an error light. I have a 2012 XR and pulled and plugged the sensors with no issue...Maybe he is thinking of a 2016 and maybe they have changed the type of sensor and they no longer fit the wide-band AutoTune ones??
I disconnected my sensors on my 2013 and i have no problems. I would just like to get a PCV put on. I wish i could have it dynoed but i can never get to Loydz or Kyle

·
Registered
193 Posts
I disconnected my sensors on my 2013 and i have no problems. I would just like to get a PCV put on. I wish i could have it dynoed but i can never get to Loydz or Kyle
Right, but I am saying is that maybe the dealer did not hear you say its a 2013, and that maybe 2016's are different and he is wrong about the 2013.

As others have said, they have done this with no issues.

·
13,003 Posts
2016 have a 4 wire 02 sensor.

Don't understand paying for auto tune when you can get a dyno tune for less money and it will be right on.
BS for don't have the time

·
Registered
780 Posts
Can you get to the Chester area? Nick Catlin is not too far off of 460.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/17212+Ivory+Bill+Ln,+Chesterfield,+VA+23838/@37.2882372,-77.4731887,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89b1a0cac7f2c769:0x4605a56e2ac41f97!8m2!3d37.288233!4d-77.471?hl=en

I don't want to speak for him- but he does have a mobile dyno, and does attend local events. Maybe he's heading towards you sometime?

·
Premium Member
4,875 Posts
Bring it up here.... Experienced Victory Tuners...

SM City Motorsports
20260 Poplar Ridge Rd
Lexington Park, MD
(301) 863-6499

https://www.facebook.com/smcitymotorsports/?fref=ts

Or...

Kyle comes here TWICE A YEAR. Get it done then if you must have him do it. He was just here in March

KMC Dyno Calendar

·
Registered
152 Posts
I have the PCV and auto tune for about 3 weeks now on my 2011 XC
The sensors went in without issue. I have the Autotune as its a trike now and no dyno to tune on.

·
Premium Member
13,166 Posts
This sounds about right. It should fit a 13 no problem. You can change the sensors yourself to make sure before you take it in to someone else to do it for you.

Actually, if you have a little mechanical ability, you can do it yourself. It's not that tough.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is what dyno jet said:
The stock narrowband O2 sensors on a 2013 Victory Cross-Country use a M18x1.5 bung size in the exhaust, which happens to be the correct bung size for the wideband O2 sensors provided in the Auto-tune kit. You should NOT need to have new bungs welded to the exhaust to install Auto-tune on this model.

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can you get to the Chester area? Nick Catlin is not too far off of 460.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/17212+Ivory+Bill+Ln,+Chesterfield,+VA+23838/@37.2882372,-77.4731887,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x89b1a0cac7f2c769:0x4605a56e2ac41f97!8m2!3d37.288233!4d-77.471?hl=en

I don't want to speak for him- but he does have a mobile dyno, and does attend local events. Maybe he's heading towards you sometime?
He is only 3 hours or so. You have you bike dynoed by him ?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

its a bolt on deal, o2s screw right in no problem, i had a 12 with pcv and auto tune and loved it.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
check out motomummy.com for auto tuner prices

1 - 20 of 23 Posts