Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after stoping at Safeway on my way home as I came out a woman loading groceries into her SUV next to me said "boy your bike gets a lot of attention, several people driving by and walking stopped to look" I said ya, it's not common to see theses. She said it looks great!
I love owning a bike that's not like the others.

Post your stories of what people say when they see you on the road or in parking lots with your Victorys

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
I had a guy following me on the road, for what felt like an hour, waiting for an opportunity to tell me how "badass" my bike sounded when under hard acceleration. He pulled up beside me at a stop sign to tell me that. I have no idea if he cared or not what brand it was, or which exhaust I had, but I smiled and said "Thanks!"

Where I ride, I typically see at least 1 victory and it is usually an older Vegas model.

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
"Who makes that bike?"
"Victory."
"Yea, but who MAKES it?"
"No one, now..." :(

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
When i had my XR, it garnered a lot of attention, even from H-D riders. Usually got the "beautiful bike" comment. Now my Spyder gets that. One day, as I was coming out of a store, there was a couple taking photos of each other standing by the bike. I waited until they were finished. It's nice when others validate your choice.

·
Premium Member
6,084 Posts
This bike is a magnet ..... IMG20190407120839.jpg

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
4,075 Posts

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
When it comes to Harleys, there's a "seen one, seen em all" attitude. But Victorys are unique, even one to the other. Therefore more attention grabbing.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think I've had two on the Vic. I used to get a LOT more comments and conversations on the 1100 Shadow I traded in on this bike. To the point of one guy finally grabbing his girlfriend and hauling her off the thing at a bike charity event. I don't know what he rode but I have my suspicions.

The best conversation I ever had myself was with a guy who had a Panhead that he'd built himself from the ground up. He was really nice and very informative on his build.

If they're clean and shiny you can get nice comments on just about everything from a Honda Cub to a mint BSA Thunderbolt to a Boss Hoss to a 1969 Charger to Betty down the street. Pretty things just attract nice comments.

·
Registered
12,219 Posts
If they're clean and shiny you can get nice comments on just about everything from a Honda Cub to a mint BSA Thunderbolt to a Boss Hoss to a 1969 Charger to Betty down the street. Pretty things just attract nice comments.
You are spot on with that assessment. And the more unique/unusual, the more attraction it has.
I would love to have that new Honda Super Cub for a get-around town bike. Every part has very good design.

·
Registered
780 Posts
I get all kinds of attention out on the road. Non-stop. Traffic lights, fuel stops and all that. The local Bike Night- an event specifically designed to gawk at bikes- Yes & No. Some nights people are checking it out heavily- sometimes nothing.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Guy at gas station when I was fueling up with my friends on our way to the dragon from NC. After telling me how overrated 129 is (and I agree)...

What kind of bike is that?
Victory.
Oh who makes that Vulcan?
:(
I tried explaining the Polaris Indian Victory etc but whatever he was confused. Haha.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
My XR has gotten a lot of comments over the last 7 years. The best was when I went to a bike event a few years ago where it was the typical 95% HD's, 4% other cruisers, and a few sport bikes. I was sitting on a bench a few yards from my XR and got to hear some interesting comments, especially since no one knew I was the owner. One group of guys looked it over hard and commenting how unique it was when finally one of them realized it was not a Harley and they all scattered, embarrassed how they could like another bike as well as any run of the mill HD.
I'll be riding the NC mountains today, maybe some of the BRP and I am sure I'll probably be the only Victory at the pull offs.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
I'll be riding the NC mountains today, maybe some of the BRP and I am sure I'll probably be the only Victory at the pull offs.
Two Victory on BRP last week. :)
First time for me. Following Vinish to Mt Mitchell.
Beautiful ride down there compared to my Indiana flat land.

I have said it many times I have only seen 2 Victory on the road here in Indy. A Magnum and a CCT. I know some are here because of the FB group I'm in but that group is pretty much dead. I see Victory for sale now on CL where last summer none were listed other than the one I purchased. Most are low mileage garage trophies.

I don't mind being a bike that people don't recognize. I have same thing with my Honda. Never heard any negative comments about my bikes.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Two Victory on BRP last week. :)
First time for me. Following Vinish to Mt Mitchell.
Beautiful ride down there compared to my Indiana flat land.

I have said it many times I have only seen 2 Victory on the road here in Indy. A Magnum and a CCT. I know some are here because of the FB group I'm in but that group is pretty much dead. I see Victory for sale now on CL where last summer none were listed other than the one I purchased. Most are low mileage garage trophies.

I don't mind being a bike that people don't recognize. I have same thing with my Honda. Never heard any negative comments about my bikes.
I need to take my comment back. Seen 6 Vic's today. 1 Vision, 3 XC's, 1 Hammer, and 1 Kingpin. I pulled off at one of the pull offs before I tucked back into TN on the BRP and didn't even notice the Vision and XC at the other end of the parking lot. The two Vic owners approached me and said they know that second gear clunk from a mile away and wanted to meet another Victory rider. Pretty cool I thought. My favorite place to ride the last few years is in eastern KY and that is where I may go tomorrow. Maybe I'll meet some more Vic riders?!

·
Registered
557 Posts
There have been a number of times I've been out riding with some buds (all on HDs) and when we get back to the bikes after a stop for a brew/food/whatever, guess which bike they're looking at. :cool:

·
Registered
136 Posts
Ummm, I get lots of people stopping to tell me how dirty the HardBall is. I love parking it next to sparkling clean GS BMWs that have obviously never been off road.
My best nice bike comment came from a woman who watched me loading a weeks grocery shipping into the saddlebags and XC tour trunk, looked at the comfortable seat and backrest, and turned to snarl at her bloke, "Ïf only you had got one of these rather than that bloody silly Diavel. And he knows how to go shopping too!"

1 - 20 of 22 Posts