Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a lot of new people joining the site looking for parts and mechanical help. Some are looking for cheaper/used parts because Polaris is way high on stuff.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,763 Posts
Polaris is only high on a few things.
Clutch sprang bearing being one of them that doubled in price because of availability. It's not available from their supplier. Everything else I've seen is same pricing as always.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
I'll say their high. Over $400 for an ECM, $50 bucks for a gasket for the little bitty timing wheel cover? Come on , I'm back to doing what us old guys did. Get material and make one.

Reactions: ObiSteve

·
Registered
4 Posts
We have a lot of new people joining the site looking for parts and mechanical help. Some are looking for cheaper/used parts because Polaris is way high on stuff.
hello community I just bought a 2000 92 SC but after having a small issue when I first got it I ended up watching all the videos on what is weak on this bike. So far everything is strong no problems with the transmission turns out I really love this bike. But a while back I got a short on the freeway on the way home from work. It's 800 lb bike I couldn't get it off the freeway at that time so when the police came with a tow truck he told me if I could get it off the freeway they send the tow truck away. I didn't have the money for a tow so I took the last chance and though people may hate me I wrapped the fuse with wire and stuck it back in and took off. Bad choice but I kept my bike. The penalty is that it fried the wiring harness. I figured it would I figured I'd just replace it. Those of you that know these bikes know they're real hard to get parts for especially wiring harness. Hell even the wiring diagram book for this bike is $300. Does anyone know where I can get or have made a wiring loom to fit this bike. They say if I switched to an 2002 to 2005 classic Cruiser or touring Cruiser loomI could buy all these extra parts to make the wiring loom work. I just checked on those extra parts it's $2,000. Did I forget to mention how much I love this bike. But even so my Transportation needs and mostly frustration on trying to get parts almost had me turning it into a Honda. Bike is not at fault. It's the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Anyway I hope I posted this right because it is my first forum.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,763 Posts
Options
1) keep watching eBay and Facebook groups for wiring harness. Facebook groups you can post you looking for one.
2) get online PDF manual for your bike to see how wiring harness runs and start patching in new wiring
3) buy another bike and sell yours for parts.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Options
1) keep watching eBay and Facebook groups for wiring harness. Facebook groups you can post you looking for one.
2) get online PDF manual for your bike to see how wiring harness runs and start patching in new wiring
3) buy another bike and sell yours for parts. Thank you for your recommendation I'm in the process of all three of those things

·
Registered
403 Posts
hello community I just bought a 2000 92 SC but after having a small issue when I first got it I ended up watching all the videos on what is weak on this bike. So far everything is strong no problems with the transmission turns out I really love this bike. But a while back I got a short on the freeway on the way home from work. It's 800 lb bike I couldn't get it off the freeway at that time so when the police came with a tow truck he told me if I could get it off the freeway they send the tow truck away. I didn't have the money for a tow so I took the last chance and though people may hate me I wrapped the fuse with wire and stuck it back in and took off. Bad choice but I kept my bike. The penalty is that it fried the wiring harness. I figured it would I figured I'd just replace it. Those of you that know these bikes know they're real hard to get parts for especially wiring harness. Hell even the wiring diagram book for this bike is $300. Does anyone know where I can get or have made a wiring loom to fit this bike. They say if I switched to an 2002 to 2005 classic Cruiser or touring Cruiser loomI could buy all these extra parts to make the wiring loom work. I just checked on those extra parts it's $2,000. Did I forget to mention how much I love this bike. But even so my Transportation needs and mostly frustration on trying to get parts almost had me turning it into a Honda. Bike is not at fault. It's the nut between the seat and the handlebars. Anyway I hope I posted this right because it is my first forum.
I do not know if the 2000 wiring is the same as the 2002, but BBob (post #2) has a link to manuals for free. They have helped a lot of people get manuals, even me. Good luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I do not know if the 2000 wiring is the same as the 2002, but BBob (post #2) has a link to manuals for free. They have helped a lot of people get manuals, even me. Good luck.
As far as the wiring goes none of them are wired the same as the 2000 sport cruiser. And the repair manual doesn't carry the wiring diagram so that I found online. But I did find someone that wasn't trying to charge 300 bucks for a wiring diagram and I bought it for 58 bucks. But I thank you guys a lot for your time. Now it's just a wire by wire toning them out putting them where they belong. I'm just waiting for the wiring book to get here. Did I tell you how much I really love this bike? S*** give me one more gear and I'd be in heaven. Thank you again happy riding.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts