Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
13,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back when I kinda remember the trial and car chase. So with this show coming on I started watching it. It's basical all about what went on outside the courtroom. All in all it's a pretty good show, and shows what ass holes they all were. To bad the glove didn't fit

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Yea but he is in jail now. I know not for that. But one thing about criminals, they just keep being criminals.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Years ago I read a book called 'Murder in Brentwood' by Mark Furner, who was a detective involved in the initial investigation.

If it was indeed factually correct, it certainly spelled out what a farce the entire investigation and ensuing trial was to become.

The 'too small' glove part of the trial was a joke. The glove had been sitting in an exhibit locker for however long it took for the matter to get to trial and then, surprise surprise, it was too tight. Of course it was. Let one of your old favourite riding gloves sit for a few years and then try and put it on - yep, leather shrinks when it dries out.

It was a matter of no one wanting to believe that Simpson could possibly be guilty because hey - he was 'The Juice'!

Have a read of it if you get the opportunity.

Russ.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Years ago I read a book called 'Murder in Brentwood' by Mark Furner, who was a detective involved in the initial investigation.

If it was indeed factually correct, it certainly spelled out what a farce the entire investigation and ensuing trial was to become.

The 'too small' glove part of the trial was a joke. The glove had been sitting in an exhibit locker for however long it took for the matter to get to trial and then, surprise surprise, it was too tight. Of course it was. Let one of your old favourite riding gloves sit for a few years and then try and put it on - yep, leather shrinks when it dries out.

It was a matter of no one wanting to believe that Simpson could possibly be guilty because hey - he was 'The Juice'!

Have a read of it if you get the opportunity.

Russ.
I had time to watch the trial closely. There were very few white folks who thought there was any possibility he was innocent. Almost all blacks were sure he was.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I was at an F.O.P. meeting where Det, Phil Vanatter spoke about the case. Of course I can't remember all he said. But in general ,.....they [prosecution] had a good case. But as has been noted, a large unruly segment of society refused to believe & or didn't care about guilt or innocence . And the possibility of "civil unrest" was looming.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I can remember them playing news clips from the trial in our highschool, it was decided solely by the media and public opinion, every black kid I knew took it very personal and it was 100% about race and not at all about guilt

1 - 6 of 6 Posts