Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Performance Air Filters

5K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Blowndodge 
#1 ·
I purchased and installed a new Victory Performance Air Filter, part # 2878041, in my XC, only to find it is made in Vietnam.
I understand that not all parts are made in the USA:)(), but this is a slap in the face to those of us who served in Vietnam. I searched both K&N and S&S for high performance air filters, but they are not making them for the Victory X bikes.
The reason I say purchasing parts from Vietnam is a slap in the face to those who served there, is because we lost over 58,000 of our brothers and sisters to the same communist government. It hasn't changed and are not cooperating with our efforts to bring back our POW/MIAs.
I think for a company that has supported our troops and believe they need to be informed of this oversight. I'm sure their purchasing this product, and maybe other products, from Vietnam is just an awful mistake. I hope they will change their supplier because of this fact.:(
For those of you who served or who are serving my heart and thanks are with you. Remember always, freedom isn't free.thumb up

#2 ·
OK Top....I too served in the "Jewel of the East"...You have to let it go Brother...it will eat you up if you don't. Congratulations on buying a great bike...go out, fire it up and just let your imagination roll...Hell, Harley just opened a factory in India....My ride is a Vegas so I did but an S&S for mine.....

#5 ·
Bob, can you post up pics of your cut down filter? If you have done this already can you post the link?

Thanks

BSD

#4 ·
Paul, I wish I could let it go, but we lost too many American sevice men and women to stand by and let retailers support a government who supports making "blood money". But thanks for your comments.
BBob, thanks for the alternative, I will do exactly what your suggested. I just can't support using Vietnamese made products, it's just my thing. Too many civilians demonstrated against us who served, not just the war. Hell, I didn't support the war and don't support the wars we are engaged in today, corrupt governments and ungrateful nations and dead and wounded Americans. We don't need to be there! IMHO. Best to all, and God bless our troops and country.thumb up

#11 ·
Do you hate the Japanese? They killed more Americans. What about Pearl Harbor? An unprovoked attack. Vietnam was was something we went over to engage in conflict that in the end was 100% worthless. I understand how you feel but put it in it’s proper perspective.

#6 ·
Top....Try not to make it more than it is. I retired about 4 years ago after serving 25 years. I lost some good friends too but you cant go thru life holding a grudge. You have a super bike and should focus your energy on the great rides you are going to have. Dont sweat the small stuff, save room for the big stuff. Safe rides to you!!! and thanks for serving.

#8 ·
Bob,
You could always put a trimmed down PL-1500 K&N in there. That's exactly what I did because I'm partial to K&N filters and know they last virtually forever, are easy to maintan, and as far as I know; made in the USA. Plus they last a million miles (they say).
Hi Bob, I too had performance air filter failure. I am interested in your suggestion of using a trimmed down PL-1500 for my bike. The picture you posted is pretty blurry. What specific trimming did you have to do? Does it leak or any other issues?

#10 ·
Vietnam is all most the number one vacation spot for Americans. I wouldn't hold a grudge towards the people or country.
As far as trying to buy American made parts your **** out of luck. Benefit your self should be your number one priority. Beside Victorys are loaded with forigen made parts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.