Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have finally made the decision to do some performance upgrades to my 2013 Cross Country Tour. I’m not looking to sacrifice ride-ability or reliability for all out screaming power, just want to squeeze what I can out of the bike without breaking anything. I currently have the stage 1 installed with an older (2011) stage 1 exhaust that is quieter than the current stage 1 cans. I like the sound the way it is, and don’t want to make any more noise.

My plan is to install Lloydz Hi-Flow air filter, Power Commander V (19-009) with the auto tune module (AT-300), Lloydz cams (HOH-VM1-DR), and the Lloydz Adjustable Timing Gear (HOH-PTS).

What kind of HP and torque can I expect from this setup? I have looked at hundreds of dyno sheets and posts on various forums discussing power and performance upgrades but I have been unable to find anything for this specific setup.

It there anything that can be done differently to improve performance?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
I am not sure which cams are which. I have the touring cams and D&D slip ons. Everything else you have is the same. Why bother with the self tuner, just get it dyno'd. See my 2013 XCT dyno chart below. If you want to see it with the other cams look for Squatch's thread. You can't get any more reliable than that.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure which cams are which. I have the touring cams and D&D slip ons. Everything else you have is the same. Why bother with the self tuner, just get it dyno'd. See my 2013 XCT dyno chart below. If you want to see it with the other cams look for Squatch's thread. You can't get any more reliable than that.
The touring cams require some machine work... can't do that. The ones I'm looking at are drop in and go.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
13,177 Posts
Kevnx is down your way and he has a dyno and knows about power.
Get a hold of him. 100 horse will let you ride all ray and night.
Polaris of Gainesville call him right now hes testing some stuff Lloydz

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
you got it covered!

without going into the engine an intake + exhaust is easy, you my want to let the cats out of the bag, less heat + more flow, just a deeper throaty sound, very little xtra sound, once everythings on a good tune will do it. prolly increase reliability + rideability

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
OP. I'm running the drop in cams and have everything that you want to add. With you stage 1 slip-ons you can expect about 110hp/110tq. The Auto tune really isn't needed if you are going to dyno tune after your install. Save the money or put it towards a set of better slip-ons. Now as far as improvement my bike is all day strong. Runs cooler, and does not exhibit the poor manors it had prior to my tune. It's the same every time I take it out. So much more fun to ride. 115hp/115tq. Good luck Bob.

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
About 99.9% positive Squatch is running the "Touring" Cams. You guys have the same cams, unless of course you are mistaken as to which cams you have...
Sorry Slickvic is the guy who did it with regular cams and came away with 5 more than predicted. Most guys get 110/110/ vs 120/120 with touring cams. I looked at as $400(labor) more for 10 hp. No brainer to me. So $2500 or so vs. about $3000.

·
Registered
848 Posts
Yep Squatch is running Touring cams.

Yep carriers need a little grinding

Yep KMC carries preground carriers if he knows you want them.

Yep my numbers are a little low.... no Cats... But I am still smiling like mad.

Small print:
Your results may vary due to combinations of many things.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
labor $$$

at $75 an hour give or take having to pay for someone going into your engine is not cost effective IMO. but if you got the $$$ its yours to spend. i like bolt ons i can do myself no $$$$ for labor except a few beverages!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
Time vs Dollar$
-I installed the PCV, Timing Wheel, D&D pipes and Lloyds Air filter.
-Let see here, took KMC all of 1.5 hours to pull my old cams and install new.
-KMC dyno'd the bike about another hour and I am done.

or

I could have spent a bunch of time tearing the bike down via the shop manual and upgrading the parts and re-installing. Spend a bunch of time Nucking around withthe PCV to get the tune right...

Time vs Dollar$

Both way are good both cost the same. (Oh yes they do as your time is not free)

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Time vs Dollar$
-I installed the PCV, Timing Wheel, D&D pipes and Lloyds Air filter.
-Let see here, took KMC all of 1.5 hours to pull my old cams and install new.
-KMC dyno'd the bike about another hour and I am done.

or

I could have spent a bunch of time tearing the big down via the shop manual and upgrading the parts and re-installing. Spend a bunch of time Nucking around withthe PCV to get the tune right...

Time vs Dollar$

Both way are good both cost the same. (Oh yes they do as your time is not free)
Not to mention the peace of mind that a Pro who does this in his sleep is doing the work. I'll do exhaust and tune ups and air kits and stereos and electrical. Not cams and dyno tunes.

Yes it was expensive to have the tune done including the cams and PCV purchase but oh so worth it especially when you get to out run a 125HP Harley

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
my time is FREE

i enjoy working on my own stuff, yes it takes longer because i do not do it daily, but its done right! if i feel its over my ability and want something done bad enough i pay a qualified mechanic. for me tearing a perfectly good engine apart is not worth it. i will never use or need more power than stock, so i do simple bolt ons with only the cost of parts, and get satisfaction doing so, retired 3 years i have lots of time, while working as a carpenter mostly drywall + metal studs in building construction there were always layoffs, thats when i built my garage all but laying the block, + sided the house. saves money + is very satisfying!!!

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Some things, like the timing wheel, are a no brainer for anyone with minimal skills. When it comes to things like cams I will see KevinX in Gainesville or drop a few bucks at the victory shop in IA. No sense buying good stuff and then messing it up with my limited skills.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Mods

I pickup a 2010 cross roads in February. Since it was too cold to ride , I ordered and installed the same upgrades you are doing. Except I used a thrush muffler and a temp map from the Vic shop. No auto tune. When the weather is better I'll ride it to Lloyd's for it's dyno tune. Yesterday was the first nice day I could ride it. I have no idea what the numbers are, but this thing RIPS. It is like a new engine. You said you want to squeeze power out, it explodes out of this engine. It just keeps pulling harder till it hits the 6000 rpm rev limit.
If you are paying someone to do the work I agree with going with the touring cams. More is always better. If you enjoy doing your own work the drop in cams are very, very good.
ANYONE who owns a 106 should change the cams tomorrow.
Good luck with yours.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2013 Hardball. Very similar mods to what you are looking to do. I have modded stock pipes, Lloydz airfilter, PC V, Dyno tune and Drop in VM1 Cams, Ohh and timing wheel. Here is my dyno sheet from 2 weeks ago in Daytona.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 25 Posts