Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I imagine like a lot of you I rode as a "yung un" and put it away for 30 some odd years before I made a new friend with a bike. The bug bit & it bit hard. That's going back about 9 years and 100,000 miles now.

Started out on a little 1200 Sporty. It was a blast to ride, but it didn't take me long to realize that it's not ment for ANY kind of long distance cruising (at least for me). In 2004 I bought a new out of crate 1800 VTX. It seems that in 03 Mother Honda over produced the VTX so I took advantage of what was considered at the time a "Fire Sale". I have put over 50,000 on her and she has been very good to me. After several years on the X I began to yern for more of a touring bike. Not being an HD fan my choices were pretty limited, but being a big Honda fan I wound up with a 1999 Valkyrie Interstate. Another great choice, she's also been great, but with the seating position and the lack of the V-Twin sound and feel I thought that I could do better.

So I came up with a brilliant idea. Let's make a bagger out of an 1800 I thought so the search was on for a newer less mileage VTX to add a new seat, fairing with stereo, hard bag's, etc.... ya got the picture I''m sure. Well last November I purchased an 08 N model VTX with 4,200 miles for a great price. So now there are three bikes sitting in my garage, and my friend (you remember my friend) comes over one day with his new XCT and it was ALL over. So while I do not own a Vic as yet the day is near where at least two of the bikes sitting here will be gone, and a new XCT will take the premium spot in my garage.

Sorry for the long post, I guess my excitment got the best of me. Looking forward to many happy years on my Vic with all my new friends--

Slick AKA Steve

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Slick Steve,
Welcome to the Victory Forums and congrats on your interest in the brand. We've got a few ex-VTX owners and most likele more than a handful of members with seat time on your other rides that can help you with the pros and cons.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
Permission Granted!

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately once the Victory bug bites, there is no cure 'till you bring one home. Sleepless nights and loss of appetite are normal symptoms, but they all go away once you bring home your new Vic. So, without further ado, congrats on your new, future bike! :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts