Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the coolest things about owning a motorcycle is the unique ability to personalize it to be a reflection of yourself. While you can do that to some degree with your car or truck...that phenomenon is multiplied several times over when it comes to motorcycles. Regardless if you are 1% MC club member, or a weekend warrior retired dentist type rider, your bike is your canvas.

I am very proud of my Viking heritage (my dad was 100%) and have sported the US/Norwegian flags on every bike I have ever owned. My riding vest is adorned with similar cultural icons. My avatar to the left is the exact patch on the back of my vest. Some time ago, I added some cool little chrome vinyl Viking ship decals to the trunk of my XCT. They were 4" in length, but both were the same, meaning that the ship on the right side of the bike faced forward while the ship on the left side faced rearward. I was just poking around one day when I found this website:

http://vinyldisorder.com

They had the same Viking ships in custom sizes and I could get one reversed, so that both ships would face forward once placed on the bike. I could not resist ordering a set. I wanted them to be only 1" larger than my originals, with one reversed. I made a call and they said no problem. In just a few days time I had my new ship decals....5" in length with one reversed.

It took me about 30 minutes to carefully remove the old vinyl decals (heat and Goof-Off are your best friends in that regard), and with the help of some painters tape to use as guidelines get the new decals properly placed. While this look might not be for everyone, it works perfectly for me as my bike is my ship. Had I not been able to get the decals in chrome, there is no way I would have done anything like this, but they really do look great IMHO, and adds that perfect personal meaning to compliment my flags.

What can you do for your bike....??

Attachments

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Nice man, I like it. cheers

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
One of them looks really crooked ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Nope , just me .:D

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
One of them looks really crooked ................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................... Nope , just me .:D
Oh man....that's was a low blow :D

·
Registered
161 Posts
Looks good! I agree be proud of who you are, lately main stream tries make us feel we're racist if we're proud of our heritage. Just because I'm proud of my heritage doesn't mean I hate yours.

Aequitas Veritas 2012 XC, imperial blue, Ness mitered bars, D&D exhaust, Ness deep cut grips-pegs-mirrors-gas cap, Hot Vic custom seat, Hot Vic 21" front wheel kit, custom flame paint, Vicbagger imperial blue contrast cut speaker grills

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Here's some vinyl graphics I added to my scoot...

IMG_3759 (copy).jpg

IMG_3785a.jpg

·
Registered
297 Posts
Looks good! I agree be proud of who you are, lately main stream tries make us feel we're racist if we're proud of our heritage. Just because I'm proud of my heritage doesn't mean I hate yours.

Amen, brother!

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Did you re-register as a Dem?:ltr:

·
Registered
160 Posts
I am very proud of my Viking heritage (my dad was 100%) and have sported the US/Norwegian flags on every bike I have ever owned. My riding vest is adorned with similar cultural icons. My avatar to the left is the exact patch on the back of my vest.
My girlfriend is the same way.....and is also of Viking descent.

She has this patch on her vest and also has it tattooed on her throttle hand.

Raido (pronounced Rye-doh) is the fifth rune of the Futhark and of Freya's Aett. It is equivalent to the letter R in the Roman alphabet. In old Norse the name is Reid and in Anglo-Saxon it is Rad.

Literally translated Raido means "riding" and in later usage this came to mean a wagon or carriage, as well as the original concept of riding on horseback.

In this modern era, you may equate Raido to any form of vehicle or any type of journey because the primary import of Raido is transportation in the sense of movement from one position to another. So travel of all kinds, journeys, vehicles, roads, cargos and travellers may all be represented by Raido in the right context. It can also indicate an unexpected or enforced journey or indeed the change #n circumstances that breaks a deadlock, because that, too, is a kind of journey in itself.

You will also see Raido translated as "wheel" or "rotation" because of the root part of the Anglo-Saxon word rad-. But that is in truth a misconception. Modern words such as radius and radial referring to wheels actually derive from the Latin word radius meaning a spoke for a wheel, so they are not related to the Germanic words Raido, reid or rad.

The Icelandic Rune Poem describes Raido (riding) in simple terms:

Riding is the joy of the horsemen
and speedy journey
and toil of the steed.

In Rune Magick, Raido is primarily used as protection for travellers and vehicles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts