1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Wow...that looks awesome. Nice Job!

·
Registered
161 Posts
:not worthy: That looks REAL nice! Always good to talk with another FXR and Cross bike rider. Wish we could meet for some of thesecheers

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys.

NOEMTZ, I'll be wearing my new t-shirt on it as soon as the rain lets up a bit and I can drag myself back to finishing my work instead of messing on the forum.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Love the look. Well done.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts
Very nice! Did you paint the inside of the D&D's?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Very nice! Did you paint the inside of the D&D's?
I could have won a million dollar bet about who would be the first guy to notice that. LOL.

Yeah, I just grabbed a can of Rustoleum in satin black and sprayed it real quick. The stock baffles looked terrible anyway, but once everything else was blacked out, they really stood out.

I was a bit worried about going so short on the Cee Baileys windscreen but after a ride on the highway, there is little if any difference in buffeting compared to the stock screen. This leads me to believe that the answer to buffeting is truly in the lowers.

Mike at Heavy Metal Designz did my tint and paint work just as he did on BEEMERZE1's bike. He did a great job on the plastic chrome parts. Really changed the attitude of the bike and if I ever get bored, I can paint the tins white. Any other powdercoating will require engine parts removal which means engine upgrade...I'm not there...yet.

·
Administrator
5,978 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ive been eyeing those up as well. The only drawback that I can see is the amount of Plexus I'd go through to keep those clean.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts