Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 973 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an armature photography hobbyist and I'm sure there are others here also. I'm starting a thread for random photos, tips, tricks and so on.

I use a Nikon D300 as my main camera and my trusty old Nikon D40. The D300 pretty much has a Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens on it all the time and the D40 has a Tamron 70-300mm VC lens on it most of the time. I have various lenses and other gear.

Here is my first sample.

Cloudy day here in Phoenix on Thanksgiving.

f/7.1
1/200
220mm

f/7.1
1/160
300mm

f/7.1
1/125
300mm

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool.
Amazing with the right shot what a phone camera can do.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Both of those shots looks much better without being compressed. Even with image hosting they lose to much detail.
I see you're using photobucket. I stopped using them a long time ago because the quality is terrible. Flickr is so much better IMHO.

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
12,983 Posts
I bought a cannon just after I bought my vision its a ok camera for me and I'm always amazed how good my photos do come out.
When I work on the bike the camera is always close by just for that one photo that might help the next guy work on his bike. I just love the way i can stick the card into the computer and now i have a permit record of what I did.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
579 Posts
Fun idea for a thread.

I've been lots of places and taken some nice photos.

I know nothing of photography, but was playing with the Nikon S9100 my sweetie got me for my birthday. The subject is Maroon Bells park just outside Aspen Colorado. We went on a weekend tour of the Aspens.

I played with the color filters in the camera in these shots.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Fun idea for a thread.

I've been lots of places and taken some nice photos.

I know nothing of photography, but was playing with the Nikon S9100 my sweetie got me for my birthday. The subject is Maroon Bells park just outside Aspen Colorado. We went on a weekend tour of the Aspens.

I played with the color filters in the camera in these shots.
Top left shot is awsome!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here's one Cheryl took as we were riding down the road. This was somewhere around Ouray, Colorado.

Fall riding in CO can be great. :)
Colorado is beautiful. I've been to Ouray and I think the scenery is amazing.

D300
Tamron 17-50 f/2.8
SB-600 with Gary Fong diffuser

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Super Moderator
4,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rode around 250 miles today. The bike performed flawlessly. 47MPG averaged for the trip riding 30 mph to 85 mph flat highway to steep mountain grades.

First stop was the whore house in Kirkland Junction. It says 1923 but it started operation in the mid-1800s

Took a break in Skull Valley

Had lunch in Bagdad Az yes "Bagdad".

Stopped in Prescott AZ in the square.

1 - 20 of 973 Posts