Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
1st pic/sunset at Deadhorse State Park, Cottonwood, Az
2nd pic/a view of the Verde Valley heading down Mingus Mtn. into Jerome
3rd pic/conquered the ride to the top from historic Jerome, Az
Know them all well!!!
Been up to Summerhaven on Mt. Lemmon?

Mingus Mtn is what 189 curves in 10 miles or something like that. :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Lake Powell

One of my favorite places. So glad I had a boat to explore this treasure. The first pic was not cropped. I screwed up & left the wrong lens hood on. Really liked the results, though.

Attachments

·
Registered
357 Posts
I miss using my old trusty Nikon FM2 35mm.But my eyes arent as good as they once were and I can focus as good.Been thinking my next toy will be a Nikon D300 but have to come up with the cash.I have a Nikor 50mm autofocus lens on my FM2 wonder if that would work on a newer camera.Also have ProSpec 70-210 zoom and a Sakar 28mm wide angle.These are old but work great.Havent used them in a few yrs film developing is getting rare and expensive.
Best investment you can make is a good light meter.I use a Gossen Luna ProF. Wish I hadnt sold all my lighting.
I can tell some dandy stories with pics to prove them from my past 40yrs of biking.
But technology got me again.The digital age change the way pics are done.For now I am using a Sony point shoot but it does ok for Ebay pics but lacks the control for cool stuff.

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
I miss using my old trusty Nikon FM2 35mm.But my eyes arent as good as they once were and I can focus as good.Been thinking my next toy will be a Nikon D300 but have to come up with the cash.I have a Nikor 50mm autofocus lens on my FM2 wonder if that would work on a newer camera.Also have ProSpec 70-210 zoom and a Sakar 28mm wide angle.These are old but work great.Havent used them in a few yrs film developing is getting rare and expensive.
Best investment you can make is a good light meter.I use a Gossen Luna ProF. Wish I hadnt sold all my lighting.
I can tell some dandy stories with pics to prove them from my past 40yrs of biking.
But technology got me again.The digital age change the way pics are done.For now I am using a Sony point shoot but it does ok for Ebay pics but lacks the control for cool stuff.
The 50mm AF lens will work on the D300 I have both. The D300 will meter the old manual lenses also so no light meter is needed. New cameras are the greatest.
Expect to give +-$800 for a low shutter count D300.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The 50mm AF lens will work on the D300 I have both. The D300 will meter the old manual lenses also so no light meter is needed. New cameras are the greatest.
Expect to give +-$800 for a low shutter count D300.
Try using a light meter and not use the internal built in one.You will be surprised at what you can do and what the effects are.The built in meter on my old FM2 does ok but you can get more control with a handheld meter.
I am saving up and do expect to have to drop about a grand but it is well worth the price.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
I just use a Cannon with an auto setting, but it seems to do okay for me. I like simplicity, hence the Victory. Anyway, here's an example taken somewhere in or near Austria:

Here's another I liked from Lake Tahoe:

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I just use a Cannon with an auto setting, but it seems to do okay for me. I like simplicity, hence the Victory. Anyway, here's an example taken somewhere in or near Austria:

Here's another I liked from Lake Tahoe:

Beautiful like Colorado. Nice!!!

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #35

·
Super Moderator
4,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #38

·
Super Moderator