Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

981 - 1000 of 1017 Posts

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
A shot from my last trip to Big Bend National Park, in west Texas... This is the formation known as "the Window".

·
Premium Member
6,233 Posts
A shot from my last trip to Big Bend National Park, in west Texas... This is the formation known as "the Window".

View attachment 251173
Beautiful... But "the window" ¿? When i look at the picture i thought about "crack me up" as a name hahahaha

Andre using TaPaTaLk

Reactions: RICZ

·
Premium Member
235 Posts
Beautiful... But "the window" ¿? When i look at the picture i thought about "crack me up" as a name hahahaha
To be clear, I did not name the formation :)

To understand the name, you'd really have to see this formation in person. This crack in the cliff is several hundred feet off the surrounding desert floor, up the side of an ancient volcano's lava plug, and in the spring a raging waterfall pours through here. The view through the "window" out on to the surrounding desert is staggeringly beautiful.

Reactions: BP6666VR

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts
To be clear, I did not name the formation :)

To understand the name, you'd really have to see this formation in person. This crack in the cliff is several hundred feet off the surrounding desert floor, up the side of an ancient volcano's lava plug, and in the spring a raging waterfall pours through here. The view through the "window" out on to the surrounding desert is staggeringly beautiful.
I've ridden to Big Bend every odd year since 2005. I've been there in Oct., Nov, Feb., March and April. I always stay in Terlingua at least one night for the night life activities.

Reactions: otab

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #986
Took a ride to Pinedale AZ today to see the only covered bridge in the state.

Reactions: otab

·
Registered
626 Posts
Cool. There is something special about riding through one. If you ever find yourself up this way, I can lead you on a ride and we can hit several in the same afternoon. ?

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #988
Cool. There is something special about riding through one. If you ever find yourself up this way, I can lead you on a ride and we can hit several in the same afternoon. ?
We did a covered bridge tour through Ohio and Pennsylvania a couple years ago.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,761 Posts
Several of them in Indiana too.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
handy if its raining heavy!

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
One of my favorite places to stop when it is raining and I want to wait it out or put on rain gear is a do-it-yourself car wash. Of course, they will not be getting any customers in a rain storm unlike a gas station so I feel less of an intruder at a car wash. Unfortunately, they are harder to find then a gas station.

Reactions: RICZ and NAB

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #992
We took a ride to Roosevelt dam today. Triumph, Harley and a Spyder.

Reactions: NAB and RICZ

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,761 Posts
I don't see a dam just a nice picture of a bridge. 🤔

·
Premium Member
2,360 Posts

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Dam nice photos Vindex. I love that even bikes "social distance."

·
Registered
626 Posts
Don't see the 'other American' much any more. What's up?

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Pic of the evening sky outside my shed, taken on a cheap phone
IMG20200523171049.jpg

981 - 1000 of 1017 Posts