·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,002

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,003
First attempt at colorizing a photo. That's Dad second from the left.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Looks like a pretty good "first attempt". BTW, do you know where the photo was taken?

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,005
Looks like a pretty good "first attempt". BTW, do you know where the photo was taken?
He went from D-Day through to the Rhine so it's hard to tell. I know for sure this one was taken in the Ardennes during the Battle of the Bulge.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
One of the Greatest Generation. Did your dad ever talk about his wartime experiences?

·
Premium Member
5,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,007
One of the Greatest Generation. Did your dad ever talk about his wartime experiences?
Yes he did especially later in life. He was in heavy fighting and it took it's toll as it did with many vets then and now.

He told me horrid things along with fun stories. I am the VERY proud holder of his purple heart and uniform.
The man earned 5, five bronze stars and threw them away saying him and his men earned them not just him. They would pin them on him and later he would take them off and throw them in the trash. My Dad is a man that defined what a man should be.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Yes he did especially later in life. He was in heavy fighting and it took it's toll as it did with many vets then and now.

He told me horrid things along with fun stories. I am the VERY proud holder of his purple heart and uniform.
The man earned 5, five bronze stars and threw them away saying him and his men earned them not just him. They would pin them on him and later he would take them off and throw them in the trash. My Dad is a man that defined what a man should be.
wow something to be very proud of....thank's for you service!

Stay Safe,

Rob

Reactions: vindex1963

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Last night's full moon, in Capricorn.
With Jupiter visible below and Saturn just visible below that, and a bonus sugar cane fire below that .
Lights on left are Coolangatta,
On right Murwillumbah and can just make out Byron Bay on coastline right. We took the pic from the Best of All lookout at Springbrook .
On a cheap phone.
IMG20200705185453.jpg

·
Registered
257 Posts
Last night's full moon, in Capricorn.
With Jupiter visible below and Saturn just visible below that, and a bonus sugar cane fire below that .
Lights on left are Coolangatta,
On right Murwillumbah and can just make out Byron Bay on coastline right. We took the pic from the Best of All lookout at Springbrook .
On a cheap phone. View attachment 251984
Would have been cold up there at Springbrook for a night ride.

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Would have been cold up there at Springbrook for a night ride.
Yeah mate it was, but we were well rugged up under leather and had full face helmets on .
Walking through the rainforest track by the light of my phone, the only things cold our faces really, put our gloves back on, was well worth braving it to catch the view .

·
Registered
257 Posts
Yeah mate it was, but we were well rugged up under leather and had full face helmets on .
Walking through the rainforest track by the light of my phone, the only things cold our faces really, put our gloves back on, was well worth braving it to catch the view .
Rainforest walking at night is great. It's amazing just how much of the rotting vegetaion and fungus glows in the dark; more of that in summer though.

·
Registered
12,329 Posts
Logs for your fireplace Vindex??

·
Premium Member
8,992 Posts
Hard to chop!

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Don't burn well ether.