Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I'm new to board and have purchased a CCT. I would like to thank Polaris for making it available in my price range.

I think I did OK on picking up a used bike. Ut's a 2012, all stock with 33K on the clock. While I bought it from a private party, the local dealer had all the maintenance records. At 28K it had everything done. fork oil, all filters, belt, tires etc. I think I'll change the oil and go.

Can't wait to ride!!

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
Welcome LarryBud and congrats on a real good buy that's ready to romp. Read the manual, there are things to know, especially the clutch cable adjustment - don't allow it to get tight.
If this is your first Victory, here are some more tips....
+ When starting, hold the throttle open about 1/8 turn and do not release the starter button until the engine starts.
+ The battery bolts tend to loosen. Place lock washers under the bolts and tighten. Check the bolts often for tightness.
+ Air up the tires 39-40 psi front / 40-42 psi rear.
+ Air up the rear shock according to the chart on the inside of the side case lid and allow for your gear and the stuff in the cases.
+ Never fill the rear shock with compressor air, only use a shock hand pump like in this link...
https://www.worldwidecyclery.com/products/fox-factory-high-pressure-shock-pump-with-bleed-valve-300psi?gclid=CjwKCAiA0ajgBRA4EiwA9gFOR3UkTgEhDUcEcv5jt5xvRLsLYdquHRCZEMajENtnKovhE7VUgWNe1BoCH20QAvD_BwE

·
Registered
2,075 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Congrats Larry!

Ride it like it was intended to be ridden (touring) and it'll last you at least 10 years. I now have almost 60K miles on my 13 and have the original belt. On my 3rd set of Commander II tires and don't hot rod it much. I occasionally will "wring it's neck" for a couple of gears but that's it. No hard full throttle starts or speed shifting! Motor still sounds tight and has that new "whirling" sound with no lifter clacking. All original except the Day Long saddle, unplugged O2 sensors. Treat her right and she should last 10 more years at least.

·
Registered
12,159 Posts
I forgot to mention that the 106 love to rev and doesn't to lug. Keep the RPMs above 2500+ and shift @ 3K+.

·
Registered
694 Posts
That's the sweet zone. 67 to 80 on the highway!

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
Welcome from CT!

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Great choice I picked up a 2012 too in my price range. Welcome from Indy. :)

·
Registered
602 Posts
welcome to the forum Larry....nice ride enjoy and be safe!

Rob

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Looking good. Enjoy your new wheels. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts