Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rode 60 miles through a rain storm to get it, but it was worth every second :)

Only has 8k miles on it. It idles a little rough when its cold but I tracked it down to the Throttle Body Adapter having a little crack in it due to dry rotting. The bike needs a little work but I'm still happy as can be.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Congrats...I'm waiting to get mine. Deal is done, paperwork is signed, they are detailing the bike. All I have to do is get back stateside. About two more weeks, and this tour is over. I can't wait for that first ride out of my driveway.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Absolutely, I will.

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
That looks sharp with that pinstriping.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Congrads, you will love it!

·
Registered
445 Posts
Rode 60 miles through a rain storm to get it, but it was worth every second :)

Only has 8k miles on it. It idles a little rough when its cold but I tracked it down to the Throttle Body Adapter having a little crack in it due to dry rotting. The bike needs a little work but I'm still happy as can be.
Your bike looks great. Gratz on getting it.

·
Premium Member
143 Posts
I have to tackle that adapter too, hope to run down a thread or vid on it. I have the manual, but with all the little fiddlybits for throttle linkage etc, seems like a job where there have been lessons learned by others.

Congrats!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have to tackle that adapter too, hope to run down a thread or vid on it. I have the manual, but with all the little fiddlybits for throttle linkage etc, seems like a job where there have been lessons learned by others.

Congrats!
As a temporary fix, I used a paint brush and some Ultra Black RTV to seal up the little cracks. If you remove the cheese wedges and use a flash light, you can get in there pretty easy and dab over the cracks(just make sure to let it cure before you start the bike up).

I cleaned the throttle bodies as well and when everything was done the bike started and was idling at 2500rpm! I guess the previous owner kept turning it up because the butterflies were super filthy.

Either way, the bike runs MUCH better now. Much more snappy when you twist the throttle and no more surging when I let off the gas and pull in the clutch to come to a stop.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts