Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2005 Hammer with a mere 1500mi on the clock.

Fuel pump and tank bladder have been replaced. New tires are going in ASAP. Avon Cobras.

What else should I be aware of, and get looked at?

Jeff

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Change out ALL fluids, especially the engine oil. If the battery is the original, I would replace it.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Just purchased a 2005 Hammer with a mere 1500mi on the clock.

What else should I be aware of?

Jeff
That the Hammer is one of the best, coolest bikes anyone can sit on. When I had mine I always said that the bike just yelled "ATTITUDE" when you look at it.
Congrats

·
Premium Member
6,192 Posts
Change out ALL fluids, especially the engine oil. If the battery is the original, I would replace it.
Yes agree
Engine oil & filter
Brake fluid
Shock fluid
Check Vacuum leaks
Gas is old or new ?

How is it possible to find a bike with 1500 mile of that year ... I am baffled

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Super Moderator
5,034 Posts
Yes agree
Engine oil & filter
Brake fluid
Shock fluid
Check Vacuum leaks
Gas is old or new ?

How is it possible to find a bike with 1500 mile of that year ... I am baffled

Andre using TaPaTaLk
Some people are motorcycle owners, some people are motorcycle riders.

·
13,177 Posts
Brake fluid is only good for 2 or 3 years. Get yourself a good tire gauge and check one a week till you understand how much air the tires loose. One of the best Vic mechanic lives down in FL. Hes on facebook if you are.

17708 High Springsw Main St
High Springs, Florida

@kevinxsouthernmotorworx

Call (352) 215-3253

Attachments

·
Registered
12,296 Posts
Good info from VJ. To that I will add....order a set of Speed Bleeders from speedbleeder.com to make bleeding stupid easy and a one man job.

·
Registered
536 Posts
That the Hammer is one of the best, coolest bikes anyone can sit on. When I had mine I always said that the bike just yelled "ATTITUDE" when you look at it.
Congrats
thumb up i second this......
i don't get quite as many looks or compliments on the XR as i did on the Hammer... but the hammer was punishing on my commute and my wife didn't like the seat on the hammer either.. she is ultracomfy on the XR. kind of wish i could pick up a used one to monkey with as a "me" bike.. either that or a Vegas.. but i would need more room for 2 bikes. lol

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
early Vic Hammers look best!!

love the earlier Vic's looks, tested a BEAUTIFUL 08 premium but could not make the deal, as the car dealer DID NOT want to trade my HD, but found a 833 mile 13 in 13 + ride happy ever after! lots of info here so after you get it just post if you need any help. a lot will depend on how the bike was stored but old fluids are a no brainer to change, good luck + post a pic when you can.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
another check

it was noted by a savy Kingpin rider + racer the boots from the injectors can develop small hard to see cracks + of course other aged rubber parts. i looked for an early hammer for a while but settled on my nice 833 mile 13 at a bargain price, literally a new bike!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts