Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am just about ready to bite the bullet on a 21" wheel setup. I want to make sure I'm making the right decision. I know it cost at least 1,000 more for the rake/fender/spacers for the 23". I just want a cooler front end look without breaking the bank. VicBaggers is working on a patent for the ABS rings to work on matching rotors. That is what I'm really waiting on. I picked out my wheel and matching rotors already. I'm just not going to buy until I know that my ABS will work with the wheel I want.

So In the meantime, I was hoping to see some 21"-23" XC setups. I've seen plenty of show bike's. But I want' to see the rest too. :)

BTW here is the wheel and rotors I want to put on my 13' XC.

Or these ones:

On this bike:

·
Premium Member
1,367 Posts
It's a Hammer, but I thought you may want to see it anyway.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Nice bikes. Keep the pics coming. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
Tommy, I am trying to decide the same thing
I like your wheel rotor choices!!!
I am also not sure if I want to mess with bikes handling. I was reminded again yesterday, the bike practically turns on it's own, at 80 MPH, thru the mountains of AZ!

·
Registered
597 Posts
Here is a 23 package, that one of the local dealers is putting together.
Pic is from Bike night ,in Mesa

Attachments

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I totally want this look. Even though this is a HD front end. ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You mean Ness front end, right?
I can't remember who told me, they said it was a springer front end. I could be wrong though. :crzy:

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
I have this 23 with matching rotors waiting to go on. All i need are my trees Mike, and my fender from Kewl Metal.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have this 23 with matching rotors waiting to go on. All i need are my trees Mike, and my fender from Kewl Metal.
Is that a 23"? And do you have ABS on your bike?

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would also like to bring up prices too?

What kind of prices did you all pay for your setups? And who did you pay it too? 21"-23"? Even 26" if you want to share.

VicBaggers?
KewlMetal?
Arlen Ness?
??????

For the 21" wheel setup. As far as I know you just need wheel(possible matching rotors with ABS ring), and painted fender.

With the 23" and up, you need painted fender, rake, spacers, ABS ring, and possibly more.

If any of you would want to share how much you spent for your setup that could really help me too. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Tommy, I am trying to decide the same thing
I like your wheel rotor choices!!!
I am also not sure if I want to mess with bikes handling. I was reminded again yesterday, the bike practically turns on it's own, at 80 MPH, thru the mountains of AZ!
Hey bro,

We might be able to pull off a package deal. Because of our paint schemes our painted fender is going to cost us extra. But if we get two done at the same time. I'm quite certain we can cut some costs. So if you end up deciding on 21" or 23". Let me know before you bite the bullet and pay to get a fender. It's easy to find out costs on wheels and rotors and tires. Seems much harder to find out about the fender getting painted for our Metallic silver flames. I've asked and still haven't gotten any replies.

BTW, I totally agree with you about handling. Our bikes are amazing in the twisties and on the highway. I know the 23" with the right rake evens it out almost perfectly. The only thing you really lose is the slow speed maneuverability. At least that's what I've heard. I find myself actually believing most everything I read. Hence the HD front end on that Cory Ness 10' XC . lol ;)

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I priced 4 people and VicBaggers was the best price for me. They also threw in some extra goodies I found when I received the kit. Their rake kit is top notch.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
And they are the ones doing the ABS ring patent too. But I don't like their wheel selection. I looking for a performance machine wheel and rotor combo.

Just ordered a Hotvic 21" wheel kit. Kit includes abs ring, factory match painted fender, and Performance Machine wheels.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
I think I am going the HotVic route. Because of their wheel selection.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yes its a 23 and i have ABS. i bought the ABS ring and I'm keeping the dual rotors.
So your going to be using two new rotors that match your wheel? Or are you going to have to keep the stock rotors?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts