Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I had my VTX I lowered it an inch and put on a 6* rake as well. Really improved the looks. I'm not short ( 6'-1" ) but I really like the lowered ( to a point ) look. Anyway I have found the lowering rods in different lengths as well as adjustable. First I wanted to see how these bikes looked after being lowered. So if you have done this can you please post a side pic and let me know how much you dropped it? Also if you had any regrets whether they be you should have went lower or that it didn't make that big of a difference.

Thanks,
Steve

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I lowered mine 1" and i wanted more so i got an adjustable and am now at 1 1/2", i cant get pics to post but i think it looks better and feels better, not so neutral feeling.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I lowered mine 1" and i wanted more so i got an adjustable and am now at 1 1/2", i cant get pics to post but i think it looks better and feels better, not so neutral feeling.

does lowering throw off the suspension geometry much?

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I dont think so, without measuring though not sure. You will gain a little rake and a little trail.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
I'm doing mine next week with the adjustable lowering arm and putting on the PCV with auto tune. With the bike lowered do you have ant belt rub. I had this problem when I lowered my 07 Hammer

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
I dont seem to have any yet, only put 30 miles on it with the adjustable at 1 1/2". Kickstand seems good yet too, i may drill the rivets and pull the rubber off of it though.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Cool thanks for the information. On your PCV with auto tune, did you set it up yourself or did you have someone set it up for you. m ordering mor parts and the kick stand is one I had not figured on

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
So far ive set it up myself. Its not bad to do, but a dyno tune would be quicker!

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Thanks guys I’m trying to save money and purchased the auto tune so I can add in the future. I will do some research on the initial setting to get as close as possible.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
Thanks guys I’m trying to save money and purchased the auto tune so I can add in the future. I will do some research on the initial setting to get as close as possible.
What do u have done to yours? I could send a pic of my screen if you wanted. Maybe be a place to start anyway.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Sorry new at posting been reading on the site for years
2013 CC Sunset Red / Blacked out
Lloyds air filter / Lloyds timing wheel (4*), adjustable drop link, custom seat, and Freedom True dual exhaust, Tented Klockwerx Flip windshield

1 - 13 of 13 Posts