1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes but only for a moment. i was more interested in peoples thoughts. this forum is pretty dead compated to the ones i am usually on. is this forum fairly new?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
...i was more interested in peoples thoughts. this forum is pretty dead compated to the ones i am usually on. is this forum fairly new?
LOL. :ltr: There's always something to complain about. Either the forum's too new, either there are too many jerks on it, either not enough riders are baggers or the baggers don't ride enough. :p

I guess this forum won't live up to everyone's expectations, but it has surpassed mine. ;)

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
i wasn't tryin to talk $hit. i thought it was a pretty straight forward question but its all good:cool:
I didn't mean to smack you around - I just found myself in the middle of doing it. :) I apologize for my out of control behavior. cheers

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts
Unfortunately, I will have to agree.
Most forums I go to (none Victory) after 1 day there are 2 pages of new posts/threads.

Victory are the new American motorcycle ya know

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
I think part of the reason there aren't a lot of threads is because the VF members take time to use the search feature. Also there isn't a lot of worthless dribble posted here.

I belong to a lot of other sites including non Vic sites and I would say at least 75% of new threads on the other sites are asking the same questions that have been answered before.

I for one appreciate it. The quantity of threads does not make for a good forum.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I appreciate that this forum isn't weighed down with tons of threads about politics and unrelated material. I have found lots of good info here and hope to continue in the future. I do wish that more pics were available, but as more and more people buy Vics and find this forum, that should improve.
~ahook~
~2011 Victory Hammer 8-Ball~

·
Registered
528 Posts
I appreciate that this forum isn't weighed down with tons of threads about politics and unrelated material. I have found lots of good info here and hope to continue in the future. I do wish that more pics were available, but as more and more people buy Vics and find this forum, that should improve.
~ahook~
~2011 Victory Hammer 8-Ball~
:I agree:

I would like to see more threads how folks did something with photos. When I make a new anything that might help others I take photos of how I made it and it in use when it is jig/tool and when I make changes to a bike I again take lots of photos showing how I did it. Shared knowledge is a great way of helping others.
I agree the Victory motorcycles (generally speaking) are the new kid on the block. There are a lot of folks that could/would do some of their own work Whether it is maintenance or making changes if they had a little help.
I would like to see a section with "how to"

I am not into the BS'ing either
I have gotten started on my XC making changes that suites me, personalizing it. I document everything. I have a large filing cabinet with folders that I keep. This includes photos and a spread sheet.
Your never too old to learn.
Today we have our first real white Christmas in many many years. So I need to go play in it. Now what do I play with the tractor or 4 wheeler or truck?

Merry Christmas

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
:I agree:

I would like to see more threads how folks did something with photos. When I make a new anything that might help others I take photos of how I made it and it in use when it is jig/tool and when I make changes to a bike I again take lots of photos showing how I did it. Shared knowledge is a great way of helping others.
I agree the Victory motorcycles (generally speaking) are the new kid on the block. There are a lot of folks that could/would do some of their own work Whether it is maintenance or making changes if they had a little help.
I would like to see a section with "how to"

I am not into the BS'ing either
I have gotten started on my XC making changes that suites me, personalizing it. I document everything. I have a large filing cabinet with folders that I keep. This includes photos and a spread sheet.
Your never too old to learn.
Today we have our first real white Christmas in many many years. So I need to go play in it. Now what do I play with the tractor or 4 wheeler or truck?

Merry Christmas
Thats a good idea. I just have to get off my butt and do it. I've done a lot to my bike and documented it in photo's. I just need to type the narration.

Like you I have a file full of receipts and tons of photo's on the PC.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I know I am new to the forum, but I too would like to see more on modifications and stuff. I like to look at other peoples ideas and like to share mine. One thing that I found hard about walking away from the Harley crowd and various forums is that so many people go so many directions with their bikes.

This all started with guys (and girls lets be PC:rolleyes:) in their garage fabing stuff up. The market for after market is there! I know Victory is new and their stuff is just tits off the line. Let face it Victory built bikes are damn near perfect. But once the suppliers realize that not all Victory owners are willing to leave their bikes stock, that they want the after market pipes, chrome, etc. I think you will start to see more modifications and thus more threads on such things.

That said I know for a fact that suppliers surf the web and forums to keep the pulse on what "joe" wants and is looking for. For example I would love to get panels to fill the gap between the bags and fender on my CR. I see that Victory left holes on the support bracket, to me its just begging to be fabed up and sold. Other things is chrome risers, forks and more bars. I know that there is a ton of more options on the Vegas, Kingpin, JP and Hammers, but I still do not see allot of pics and how to threads started....

I notice DirtDobber is powder coating his stuff, this is wicked cool cheers. Like to see others and their creativity as well.

Just my two cents on why your not going to see allot of traffic on the Victory forum.

BSD

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Actually if you guys would do a little searching you would find some pics. Each model has a specific forum for pics of bikes.

I don't know how old this site is but since I joined a a year ago I have been working at improving it and providing more for you.

·
Registered
528 Posts
As new as the forum is (I am going by membership count) you guys are doing really good in fact better than most.
Keep up the good work
The search feature will really help ya a lot.
:crzy:thumb up

dd

1 - 20 of 26 Posts